Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

not sure it would be nothing without their money , division one was great before the sky money . Like you say players have had it too good for too long , i'd be more than happy to go back to no tv coverage and a fiver a ticket

Yes all the money goes on players wages and transfer fees, nothing for the comfort of the fans. Yes it wouldn’t be the best league in the world but it would still be good 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sky is on the last legs, they have lost everything but Premier League. They would be stupid to start a fight

Funny, I seem to recall watching Villa in a certain League Cup Final on Sky not too long ago.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How did it make it. English football won more European Cups without the Sky money, they have won 5 in 28 years. All Sky did was monopolise English football 

I know but we didn’t get the top foreign players then. It was primarily a British league. Scottish football has declined because of it. Used to be so many great Scottish players playing in England. Now we have Robertson and Mginn not much else 

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Funny, I seem to recall watching Villa in a certain League Cup Final on Sky not too long ago.

Ah the league cup, up amongst great competitions like the Champions League, La Liga, Heineken Cup, The Ashes, US open and even ATP tour

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ah the league cup, up amongst great competitions like the Champions League, La Liga, Heineken Cup, The Ashes, US open and even ATP tour

Well it will probably end up being the only major English competition to be completed his season so don’t knock it😄  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Well it will probably end up being the only major English competition to be completed his season so don’t knock it😄  

Only if we won it 😉

The Premier League have conceded that the season won't return in May, and it's monitoring the situation closely with a constant review. Play will only resume with the full support of the government and when medical guidance allows.

The league will advance £125m to clubs in the EFL and National League.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

Null and void the season... This was - and continues to be - the last resort. Across all four leagues, the domestic campaign has only nine matches left, which could, in theory, be completed in the space of four weeks. Given that backdrop, why would anyone - ulterior motives excepted - want to get rid of the work put in over the previous seven months and pretend it never happened?

BBC

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I don't think all those thousands of fans wishing their team didn't even have to enter it are likely to hand over to Sky a monthly subscription for The League Cup if the Premier League doesn't accompany it. 

The most unexpected thing today is the PL money to help out the EFL.   I didn't think that would happen in a month of Sunday's. 

Mind you this current period feels exactly like a month of Sundays so maybe not such a suprise after all 😋

I'd love to know how much 30% is. If this is initially funding the £125m (already?) advanced to the EFL and then £20m for the NHS - who gets the money first and how long will players need to take a pay cut in order to cover that money - what will happen to any monies saved after that?

It will be interesting to see the counter proposal that the players and unions were working on - the Premier league have got their idea out in the open first and put the players in a difficult position, but as things stand this is a proposal and the player are working on doing something different.

I still cannot see the season being voided. I believe they will do whatever it takes to complete the season even if it’s in 6 months time. 

50 minutes ago, useless said:

Null and void the season... This was - and continues to be - the last resort. Across all four leagues, the domestic campaign has only nine matches left, which could, in theory, be completed in the space of four weeks. Given that backdrop, why would anyone - ulterior motives excepted - want to get rid of the work put in over the previous seven months and pretend it never happened?

BBC

But lower leagues have playoffs as well so thats 12 games for them teams with smaller squads