Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

I’m the opposite, I can’t wait for football to be back (when it’s safe obviously).  I want to enjoy life and that’s family, friends, football, travelling, movies and books in no particular order.  Focusing on football, that’s part of why I enjoy life and like most of you is a passion of mine.  When I lived in Australia for years I can’t tell you how much I missed football.  You get football there from Optus/Fox on TV and I played with expats but the constant football in every aspect of life I missed that and obviously I missed live games.  I’ve loved being back here for the football.

4 hours ago, brommy said:

I did wonder how UEFA’s statement affected Belgian European places for the next season.

Did the Belgium League announcement if the current league positions counted as final for European qualification, relegation and promotion?

Scotland seems to be waiting for Belgium announcement before cancelling the season as well. I think a few countries are waiting to see the reaction

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I’m the opposite, I can’t wait for football to be back (when it’s safe obviously).  I want to enjoy life and that’s family, friends, football, travelling, movies and books in no particular order.  Focusing on football, that’s part of why I enjoy life and like most of you is a passion of mine.  When I lived in Australia for years I can’t tell you how much I missed football.  You get football there from Optus/Fox on TV and I played with expats but the constant football in every aspect of life I missed that and obviously I missed live games.  I’ve loved being back here for the football.

Everybody needs a lift. Not going out and self isolating leads to more and more depression, domestic abuse reports are up. Everybody should respect the govt rules so we can get back to normality as soon as possible. Theres been a bit of good news about levelling off of new cases, even though more are being tested. Somehow when numbers go down  to a reasonable level and and NHS are able to manage better then we will start seeing an easing of the lockdown measures, and that could include football returning. They are not going to void the season yet. They will wait until the end of June at least. 

FIFA set to confirm plans to move the dates of the transfer window and extensions to player contracts until the season has been concluded.

It isn’t getting voided folks. 

9 minutes ago, jim said:

FIFA set to confirm plans to move the dates of the transfer window and extensions to player contracts until the season has been concluded.

Still got to pay those players - at a time when clubs are losing money...

11 minutes ago, jim said:

And yet France have today announced their highest number of deaths, Italy and Spain still high...

Football isn't going to be played in either of these three countries anytime soon, how does that fit? Some leagues start back and yet we're waiting for others to catch up and finish dying, that is an awful way to look at things. 

The football authorities and especially the PL are blood-suckers; it'll be the PL who are really pushing this, they have too much clout.

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

And yet France have today announced their highest number of deaths, Italy and Spain still high...

Football isn't going to be played in either of these three countries anytime soon, how does that fit? Some leagues start back and yet we're waiting for others to catch up and finish dying, that is an awful way to look at things. 

The football authorities and especially the PL are blood-suckers; it'll be the PL who are really pushing this, they have too much clout.

I am surprised no asshole administrator has come out with some bullshit like the best cure for coronavirus is football

The president of UEFA said they are hoping to get the season concluded by end of August but with domestic leagues and cups to conclude and European competitions that may not be possible. You'd think they'd have already given up on any cup competitions being concluded and just concentrate on finishing the leagues. If they try to finish cup competitions as well you are looking at 8-10 weeks to conclude the season. I am sure I read Man City could have 20 games to play potentially.

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The president of UEFA said they are hoping to get the season concluded by end of August but with domestic leagues and cups to conclude and European competitions that may not be possible. You'd think they'd have already given up on any cup competitions being concluded and just concentrate on finishing the leagues. If they try to finish cup competitions as well you are looking at 8-10 weeks to conclude the season. I am sure I read Man City could have 20 games to play potentially.

You'd almost hope that with things as they are at Man City with Pep's family tragedy, them likely banned from the CL anyway and the PL-title gone they'd just ask the PL and UEFA to kindly go f themselves and flatly refuse to finish the season.

They can afford it and IMO it's the right thing to do all things considered. Would be interesting to see what happened next.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sne said:

You'd almost hope that with things as they are at Man City with Pep's family tragedy, them likely banned from the CL anyway and the PL-title gone they'd just ask the PL and UEFA to kindly go f themselves and flatly refuse to finish the season.

They can afford it and IMO it's the right thing to do all things considered. Would be interesting to see what happened next.

That could mean expulsion from the league though 

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

At least unlike spurs and Newcastle they admitted their error and did the right thing 

Nope not buying it. Just like Jack apology they backtracked as they were caught. Scumbag club should be ashamed of themselves

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Nope not buying it. Just like Jack apology they backtracked as they were caught. Scumbag club should be ashamed of themselves

Didn’t expect you to. You hate all things Liverpool 🤪

• Like 1