Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Or put it this way does anyone think DS would ever get another PL job? 

Managers tend to become irrelevant when leaving Villa. Look at MON, McLeish, Sherwood, Garde, Di Matteo, Lambert. What are they up to now?

Edited by villalad21

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think as fans we are going to need to accept that there will be a lot of twists and turns over the next 2 and half months and shock results and ups and downs for us.

The problem is we never seem to pull off any shock results ourselves.  All the teams around us have wins against the so called top teams.  We lose every single one against them, and in many cases have thrown away leads.  That Arsenal game still bugs me.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Or put it this way does anyone think DS would ever get another PL job? 

No, he’ll disappear down the leagues and end up back at Walsall. The new Phil Brown, Owen Coyle, Ian Holloway etc...

You can see that Watford have realised they are in a scrap and have set up to get results be it ugly or by doing whatever it takes. They are easily the most abysmal anti-football team i have had to watch at VP this season literally wasting time embarrassingly from the moment they took the lead. They don't care as they know it gets results as often as not. They have a relegation escape plan .... Us meanwhile continue to gift teams 25 chances per game & wonder why we nearly always lose.

I just hope that our manager is realising plan A is not working and has it in him to turn us into a team of whatever it takes battlers for the remaining fixtures.

Sadly i don't think he has but here's hoping

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Unanswerable question of course, but I wonder if Dean Smith could have got a performance like that from the Watford squad? Hard to imagine.

He's generally a front foot manager so with Watford's pace and strength it's a good squad to take over.

I certainly think he could've got them 1-0 up (as he did with us earlier this season) but you have to show good levels of tactical knowledge and game reading to see out wins and sadly as we saw at Arsenal DS really shows his inexperience in those situations.

Too slow to make subs, tweak things etc to see games out. In fairness this was a bit of unique game as Watford weren't even at 1-0 for long and that totally shocked Liverpool so not a game Nigel Pearson really had to close out at all.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I know. That's what's so infuriating. Take those points off them and give to us and were sorted. 

I'm more angry with all the point losses from leading positions against good teams: Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Spurs again from the top of my mind. That's why watching Watford beat Liverpool like that is infuriating and deflating.

58 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The problem is we never seem to pull off any shock results ourselves.  All the teams around us have wins against the so called top teams.  We lose every single one against them, and in many cases have thrown away leads.  That Arsenal game still bugs me.

I mean a 2-0 against Everton now looks pretty impressive. 2-2 against Man Utd. 1-1 and 2-1 against a full strength Leicester in the League Cup. Picking up 4 points from 9th place Burnley. Running Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal close.

It’s not like we’re incapable of beating decent sides.

Edited by KentVillan

So weird seeing our fans have more faith in other teams and their chances of staying up than ours. Why the hell do you even watch football if you all you do is take the most negative interpretations and positions of your own team. Couldn't be me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I mean a 2-0 against Everton now looks pretty impressive. 2-2 against Man Utd. 1-1 and 2-1 against a full strength Leicester in the League Cup. Picking up 4 points from 9th place Burnley. Running Liverpool and Spurs close.

It’s not like we’re incapable of beating decent sides.

Burnley were 13th when we played them in Jan, Man utd were 11th and only had 3 more points than us at the time, We could actually have gone above them with 3 points. True Everton were actually 9th when we played them but it was the 3rd game of the season so not sure positions really mean much after 2 games, We lost to liverpool & we lost twice to spurs. Great, we knocked leicester out of the cup, shame they shat on us 4-1 at VP in the league...We are completely incapable of beating decent sides, hell we're not exactly capabable of beating shit sides either

Edited by LakotaDakota