Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Just now, Herman22 said:

Newcastle can't buy a goal at the moment. Haven't scored in 4 games. I think I said in another thread it wouldn't be a surprise if they didn't win another game this season. 

But they are still getting draws.

Every point you can get your hands on at this moment of time is valuable.

Watford were mighty smart last night and their management team clearly found a weakness in that Liverpool team.

Watch what Watford did everytime Liverpool went into the their half. Their forwards - Deeney and Sarr - spread the width of the pitch with Sarr wide right in the space vacated by Robertson and Deeney wide left in the space vacated by Alexander-Arnold. Everytime Watford won the ball back they just hit it out wide to either of them to run at isolated defenders and their midfield then broke to join in. It wasn't rocket science but they clearly knew how to exploit any chink in the Liverpool armour. Clever management. 

This is what we need to see from the Villa - game management. Every team has a weakness or two and it's up to the management team to find them and get the players to exploit them. 

• Like 4

We need to win 4 from 

Wolves, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, West Ham, Sheffield Utd. and pull a draw or two out of the bag from somewhere else. 

i think losing to Soton is going to make this too tough for us after yesterday’s results

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We need to win 4 from 

Wolves, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, West Ham, Sheffield Utd. and pull a draw or two out of the bag from somewhere else. 

i think losing to Soton is going to make this too tough for us after yesterday’s results

Wolves is a loss

Newcastle and Palace are close to being at the beach. May be some hope

Sheff Utd is a loss

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

Newcastle can't buy a goal at the moment. Haven't scored in 4 games. I think I said in another thread it wouldn't be a surprise if they didn't win another game this season. 

Didn't score a goal in the 4 games they played in Feb and still managed to get 2 more points than us...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Graham Potter remains me of Dean Smith a bit.

Talking about a performance of "quality" yesterday and MOTD then showed montage of all their crosses being easily cleared by Palace defenders at the front post.

Potter's not a bad coach at all and like DS plays the right way but ultimately looks like Brighton are going the same way as us. Sometimes at the top level you have to be a little more conservative at times and seems to me the likes of Dyche, Pearson and probably Howe aswell just have more knowledge of what to do at this part of the season hence their teams pick up points at this crucial stage.

Wolves at home shouldn't be dismissed as a loss, they have only won nine games all season that's just two more than us, and have only won two of their last nine games in the premier league, only reason they're still in touch with top six is because of the unusually poor season the 'traditional top six' are having, after today their next three games are Brighton, West Ham and Bournemouth, would be good to see them do us a favor and win all three of those but I'm not counting on it as they often slip up against the division's weaker sides. We're also more than capable of beating Sheffield United at Villa Park, silly to write off games like that.

4 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Watford were mighty smart last night and their management team clearly found a weakness in that Liverpool team.

Watch what Watford did everytime Liverpool went into the their half. Their forwards - Deeney and Sarr - spread the width of the pitch with Sarr wide right in the space vacated by Robertson and Deeney wide left in the space vacated by Alexander-Arnold. Everytime Watford won the ball back they just hit it out wide to either of them to run at isolated defenders and their midfield then broke to join in. It wasn't rocket science but they clearly knew how to exploit any chink in the Liverpool armour. Clever management. 

This is what we need to see from the Villa - game management. Every team has a weakness or two and it's up to the management team to find them and get the players to exploit them. 

Ironically, I think that is what teams usually do so effectively when playing us!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

Wolves at home shouldn't be dismissed as a loss, they have only won nine games all season that's just two more than us, and have only won two of their last nine games in the premier league, only reason they're still in touch with top six is because of the unusually poor season the 'traditional top six' are having, after today their next three games are Brighton, West Ham and Bournemouth, would be good to see them do us a favor and win all three of those but I'm not counting on it as they often slip up against the division's weaker sides. We're also more than capable of beating Sheffield United at Villa Park, silly to write off games like that.

Okay, amend that to ten games, just three more than us!

If you're banking on a win for us against Wolves I suspect you are going to need to collect some lucky charms around you before 4th April.

So frustrating to lose to Spurs given they've lost two since playing us (and Son hasn't played in any game since). That's one I'll look back at end of the season if we go down by a point.

Can see Chelsea being a similar type of game so they're nearly as bad conceding goals from corners as we are and looks like Tammy will be injured. Need to be on the right end of the margins this time.

Leicester have been poor, Chelsea haven’t been great either. Newcastle is winnable. Wolves will probably beat us to be fair. Liverpool hopefully have title wrapped up by then? No unbeaten record to defend. United are better with Fernandes but as Everton showed can be got at... I then come crashing down to planet earth and we lose all of them. 

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Leicester have been poor, Chelsea haven’t been great either. Newcastle is winnable. Wolves will probably beat us to be fair. Liverpool hopefully have title wrapped up by then? No unbeaten record to defend. United are better with Fernandes but as Everton showed can be got at... I then come crashing down to planet earth and we lose all of them. 

But Palace and Newcastle are almost at the beach. Those 2 games are so massive