Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Can't help but agree with this.

I mean, objectively things are worse but far from unsalvageable, but this feels like a hammer blow and you've got to imagine the players will notice it as well. Presumably we then get battered tomorrow and that's another hammer blow.

Not feeling very positive today lads, not gonna lie.

Tbh I don't think it changes much at all. We're likely to carry on being shit regardless of the result in this game, or indeed the cup final. For whatever reason Smith can't even get them to perform most of the time.

Still a long way to go but we have been relying on other teams for about a month now.

Unfortunately I don't think we have enough fight or defensive quality to get us out of this mess.

Again losing points to our relegation rivals is what has cost us, we gifted 12 point to Bournemouth, Saints and Watford combined. Unforgiveable! 

• Like 1

Just now, holteend1982 said:

Awful weekend so far. Beating man City will make up for it though

We are going to get embarrassed in a cup final and sit 19th place in the league. 

I just want tomorrow over and the season really. 

I accepted it would be a challenge but it's been a disappointing year back  

Our summer business was atrocious and condemned us early on. 

Try again in a couple of years as I think we will bounce right back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Have our players really shown any fight in the premier League? Something needs to drastically change for survival, only thing I can think of is Deano getting the sack!

No and that’s been the problem all season. And yes are only hope is sacking Smith. 

What a bad weekend and tomorrow will just seal it off when we get battered by at least 4 goals. 

The players need to watch the Liverpool v Watford game and use it as a guide to how they need to perform for the rest of this season. 

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yep. We've been awful for quite some time now (with a couple of exceptions). Frankly we deserve to go down.

We had a decent start and I firmly believe if we'd had Samatta all season we'd be at least 12th or 13th now.

Confidence dried up when we got nothing week after week from games we deserved points in. Then the bad performances followed.

Smith has been as predictable as he always has at Villa apart from one formation change, which he doesn't know how to play anyway.

The players signed in the summer were **** crap value and we put our hands in a man who just didn't have a clue in Suso. That's what has killed us even with a manager who probably doesn't have the nous for the top flight.

The only glimmer is McGinn coming back, that he can come up with something herculean, starting with a win at Newcastle in his first start.