Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 minutes ago, useless said:

That's what I meant, we could do with them improving against the divisions weaker sides, until they play us that is. To be honest I don't have much faith in them just winning the next three at making it easier for us, at the very least they'll probably draw one or two of them, which is typical of their modus operandi.

They've helped us more than they didn't.

It's Chelsea, Spurs who kept gifting teams those points. Then Leicester, Arsenal and Man Utd.

• Like 1

Did a predictor. Incredibly I had us staying up on goal difference with 35 points and that's with losing the final game to West Ham. Norwich and Brighton had 35 as well and West Ham finished bottom with 34. Liverpool had the league wrapped up by the time we played them but we still lost that game narrowly.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Did a predictor. Incredibly I had us staying up on goal difference with 35 points and that's with losing the final game to West Ham. Norwich and Brighton had 35 as well and West Ham finished bottom with 34. Liverpool had the league wrapped up by the time we played them but we still lost that game narrowly.

Wow, how have you managed to let Norwich above Spammers? and how did Brighton got a worse GD than us?

• Haha 1

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

Wow, how have you managed to let Norwich above Spammers? and how did Brighton got a worse GD than us?

Brighton got tonked by City and Liverpool. Norwich sprung a couple of surprise results while West Ham were just plodding away with draws. I was possibly being harsh on us. We lost to Arsenal, Liverpool, Wolves, Everton and West Ham and drew with Palace and Chelsea.

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Brighton got tonked by City and Liverpool. Norwich sprung a couple of surprise results while West Ham were just plodding away with draws. I was possibly being harsh on us. We lost to Arsenal, Liverpool, Wolves, Everton and West Ham and drew with Palace and Chelsea.

So Spammers only won another game which is against us? Was that harsh on us or them?

I'd say it's Bournemouth, Brighton and Newcastle that might go with winning less of all.

Still not sure about Watford, but Deeney and Sarr could do them a lot.

Anyway for me, there is not written off games, But we will definitely bottle a lot of them. I just hope we can win whatever we can.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

So Spammers only won another game which is against us? Was that harsh on us or them?

I'd say it's Bournemouth, Brighton and Newcastle that might go with winning less of all.

Still not sure about Watford, but Deeney and Sarr could do them a lot.

Anyway for me, there is not written off games, But we will definitely bottle a lot of them. I just hope we can win whatever we can.

Watford did the best out of all the relegation candidates, getting 40 points. I just couldn't see too many wins for West Ham. I gave them a draw at Chelsea, but also lost to Norwich.

It made me realize just how futile it is to predict this race. Everybody is capable of beating everybody on any day. Nobody thought Watford would smash the unbeaten Liverpool for example. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Watford did the best out of all the relegation candidates, getting 40 points. I just couldn't see too many wins for West Ham. I gave them a draw at Chelsea, but also lost to Norwich.

It made me realize just how futile it is to predict this race. Everybody is capable of beating everybody on any day. Nobody thought Watford would smash the unbeaten Liverpool for example. 

Deeney thought! He said before the match that if people thought the won't beat Liverpool then its better not to watch the game.

Liverpool loss was coming. Watford setup was good against them.

Actually Watford struggled against the worse teams before that, they're playing anti-football which is helping them against the bigger teams.

A lot of ups and downs. But in terms of quality, I think West Ham has the best of all.

Edit: Ah, Bournemouth is in 18th place not Watford. In that case, its probably between Bournemouth and West Ham. Watford will pull away and Brighton will be just out of reach. Newcastle scrap just enouugh points to stay clear. Norwich to get a late run of form but its too late. 

Bottom 7 will be something like this.

Brighton-42

Watford-40

Newcastle-39

Bournemouth-37

West Ham-36

Villa-34

Norwich-30

Edited by Laughable Chimp

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Edit: Ah, Bournemouth is in 18th place not Watford. In that case, its probably between Bournemouth and West Ham. Watford will pull away and Brighton will be just out of reach. Newcastle scrap just enouugh points to stay clear. Norwich to get a late run of form but its too late. 

Bottom 7 will be something like this.

Brighton-42

Watford-40

Newcastle-39

Bournemouth-37

West Ham-36

Villa-34

Norwich-30

I would swap West Ham with Brighton. Otherwise I agree.

After seeing Bournemouth and West Ham i think they have more about them than Brighton.

Like Crouch said Brighton are pretty on the eye but don't win football games.

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

1. Go 2 up top - Davis and Samatta. Get it long quickly - not pretty/don’t care.

2. If win ball. Build from there. Give it to Grealish/McGinn. 

3. Get balls in box for Samatta and Davis early. 

4. Pray. 

Yesterday i liked how we did less dossing around with it at the back.

Jack haven't worked as an 8. He tends to drift back to our own half when we play him there.

We need him further up the pitch to make an impact.

....................Reina....................

Guilbert....Engels....Mings....Targett

.................Nakamba..Luiz..................

.......................Hourihane...................

Elmo..............Samatta..............Jack

I'm a bit thorn regarding Engels. He's lack of pace frightens me. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Jack haven't worked as an 8. He tends to drift back to our own half when we play him there.

We need him further up the pitch to make an impact.

....................Reina....................

Guilbert....Engels....Mings....Targett

.................Nakamba..Luiz..................

.......................Hourihane...................

Elmo..............Samatta..............Jack

I'm a bit thorn regarding Engels. He's lack of pace frightens me. Thoughts?

Hopefully mcginn back and playing in that team ahead of hourihane and I think that looks pretty good. El Ghazi, Davis as impact subs. Praying mcginn is back for Leicester. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I definitely think the first 2 will be in the mix. Hoping West Ham game is a dead rubber and we're already safe

We'll still be in it going into the last game I'm sure. Best we can hope is West Ham are already safe and don't mentally turn up for the game.

I think we can get points in the last 4 fixtures and they're on weekends when the other teams around us are playing each other

beat palace, beat arsenal, draw with everton and we could be clear by the time the west ham game comes

Leicester (a) L

Chelsea (h) L

Newcastle (a) W

Wolves (h) L

Liverpool (a) L

Man Utd (h) D

Palace (h) W

Everton (a) L

Arsenal (h) L

West Ham (a) D

Sorry if this is grim reading but it's all about opinions and it's how i see the season panning out.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sorry if this is grim reading but it's all about opinions and it's how i see the season panning out.

im 4 points more, think we can beat arsenal and get at least 1 draw in the other games, out of our games vs the "big" teams its only really wolves who are fairly consistent and with that being a local game I think VP will be rocking and anything could happen, everton, utd, arsenal are all poor, Leicester and Chelsea are out of form

and I think it'll be enough, my predictor had Bournemouth and brighton going down

Edited by villa4europe

Just now, villa4europe said:

im 4 points more, think we can beat arsenal and get at least 1 draw in the other games

and I think it'll be enough, my predictor had Bournemouth and brighton going down

Aubamayang scares me.

Don't fancy us against strikers like that. But let's hope your right

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Leicester (a) L

Chelsea (h) L

Newcastle (a) W

Wolves (h) L

Liverpool (a) L

Man Utd (h) D

Palace (h) W

Everton (a) L

Arsenal (h) L

West Ham (a) D

i'm actually not too far off this assessment. In fact I think you have 1 more win than what I can see us getting - at the moment. 

It all depends on how the players respond after yesterdays defeat - has it changed their mindset to be that of pride and will to win and to grind out results, or are we going to be stuck with this losing mentality, and continue to be the leagues worst defensive team... 

Time will tell.