Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So weird seeing our fans have more faith in other teams and their chances of staying up than ours. Why the hell do you even watch football if you all you do is take the most negative interpretations and positions of your own team. Couldn't be me. 

It’s cringe worthy. 

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Burnley were 13th when we played them in Jan, Man utd were 11th and only had 3 more points than us at the time, We could actually have gone above them with 3 points. True Everton were actually 9th when we played them but it was the 3rd game of the season so not sure positions really mean much after 2 games, We lost to liverpool & we lost twice to spurs. We are completely incapable of beating decent sides, hell we're not exactly capabable of beating shit sides either

Surely the Leicester result disproves that? It was a full strength side, they were fully committed to the game.

I accept that Burnley, Man Utd, etc are not top sides, but the way people are talking about our fixture list, you'd think Man Utd were early 90s AC Milan.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

We started as the team who scraped into the Premier League by the skin of our teeth. It was always going to be a struggle and to have our fate in our own hands at this stage in the season is as good as could be expected. £120m was never going to build a mid table team from where we started after the loan players left

Now is the time for us to enjoy the challenge and look forward to making the season as hard as possible for any teams we play and the teams we are fighting relegation with. Its going to be a close run thing.

If we stay up we keep Jack, if we go down we have the championship, a great League , we get 6 points of the noses and a strong chance of competing at the top end and winning more games than we lose. 

I think we will do enough to stay up, im not sold on Douglas and Nakamba in a 533 that quickly becomes a free for all midfield , this needs to change and im convinced it will , starting with tomorrow's game against City .

Keep the faith and even more than that enjoy the ride. We will win and lose games and get relegated and promoted and win and lose cup finals many times over the 70 or so years we get to watch our beautiful Aston Villa   . UTV 

No we won't

Results today really haven't gone our way, but if some **** how we could pull off a miracle tomorrow... imagine the morale boost that would give everyone. Who expected Watford to beat Liverpool? Nobody. As I said before, it'll be touch and go all the way to the last game of the season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

For a bloke who has spent it sat in a hotel in London, Dean Smith seems to have gotten a lot worse as a manager today.

Well, of course it’s fantastic that we are in the league cup final and obviously I really hope we win tomorrow. 

But honestly I would gladly have swapped going out of the cup in the first round for 9-10 more premier league points, which would have left us comfortably mid table rather than second from bottom.

I’m convinced we could have had those extra points with better management of the squad.

• Like 3

Its the first win for Watford from their last 6. They lost they’re arguably best player. Yes they had a huge win but still a lot to go. 

They’re fighting, my god, read what Deenay said before the match.

I’ll be honest enough and say that Liverpool declined, its not out of question that Watford would get something. 

The most important result was Brighton losing to Palace at home, that was a big ask from Palace, our former players done a job there. 

Useless Chelsea atleast drew. Hoped for more than a draw from Burnley. 

But still its a much better shape than it would’ve been considering the twists that happened the last couple of weeks. 

Good thing the Sheff Utd game is the one that got changed, will keep some ok home games which we would have some chances at.

I don’t think it’s beyond us to win at Leicester, their belief and their form is really bad.

Still long way to go. Lets just focus on tomorrow, its our most important games this season. Hopefully we do it this time! Hoping the results today can help us having the fight needed.

Hopefully the Liverpool loss can make City have a thinking of winning the league and maybe have an off match tomorrow somehow.

Up The Villa. We’ve been in a much worse situations than this, this season and came out of it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeAVFC said:

Results today really haven't gone our way, but if some **** how we could pull off a miracle tomorrow... imagine the morale boost that would give everyone. Who expected Watford to beat Liverpool? Nobody. As I said before, it'll be touch and go all the way to the last game of the season. 

Results have shown that it's not over till its over. If Watford can beat Liverpool then anything is possible if a team wants to give it a go.   Villa just need to give it a go & make it happen.

• Like 4

Just now, gurru991 said:

Results have shown that it's not over till its over. If Watford can beat Liverpool then anything is possible if a team wants to give it a go.   Villa just need to give it a go & make it happen.

We like Anfield Road so much, don’t we? 😉

If we win tomorrow, we will take more confidence into our remaining games than any of the teams that won today will. If we lose, that is what everyone expects us to do anyway, so we can just concentrate on our remaining league games, in the knowledge that our safety is still in our own hands.

We have a home game in hand tonight. Win that and we will be above both West Ham and Watford again. We now know that we can't rely on others doing us any favours after today's games and that we will have to ensure our safety ourselves.

Hopefully the penny will now drop with our team and they will realise that we are in a real relegation fight. Watford showed today that the top teams can be beaten and if they are able to do it, there shouldn't be any reason for our team to feel that a similar result is beyond them.

It's going to be tough to finish outside the bottom three, but it was tough to get promoted last season and we don't want to surrender the status that we fought so hard to achieve against the odds at the end of last season.

14 points from our remaining 11 games should bring us safety, in my opinion that should be our target. There's still a chance that we can stay where we are. Do you want to bet against us? 😉

• Like 1