Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, useless said:

West Ham's next four games are Arsenal (a), Wolves (h), Tottenham (a), Chelsea (h), our next four aren't much easier...Leicester (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Wolves (h), but at the very least they shouldn't pull to far away from us over that period. Bournemouth's look a little easier... Liverpool (a), Palace (h), Wolves (a), Newcastle (h), but after that their next four are  Man Utd (a), Tottenham (h), Leicester (h), Man City (h).

I think Bournemouth might actually lose at least three even if that easier run.

It's pointless looking at other teams fixtures now, we just have to get the results ourselves, and if we can't get those results we will have deserved to go down. Hopefully a win tomorrow gives our season a big boost.

• Like 4

West Ham are still in big danger looking at their fixtures still to come, their next four games are against teams chasing champions league. I only saw the first half of their game today but they didn't look that great at all and were helped out by a Southampton team that didn't look that bothered and for reason left out their best player, they'll come up against much tougher opposition.

Edited by useless

9 minutes ago, useless said:

It's pointless looking at other teams fixtures now, we just have to get the results ourselves, and if we can't get those results we will have deserved to go down. Hopefully a win tomorrow gives our season a big boost.

Exactly this! 

Surely Brighton are most under threat after today?

5 home games left. Four are against Arsenal, Man. United, Liverpool and Man. United.

Can see them only getting one draw from that lot and also drawing v Newcastle given their lack of goals and that would take them up to 30 points with 5 aways.

They're one I'd really be looking to reel in and think Bournemouth will be deflated after coming so close to beating Chelsea.

As I thought West Ham playing really well at Anfield helped them today. Been out in Cheltenham all day so don't know wby Ings was benched. Any reason? I thought Southampton were resting him for the FA cup but they were knocked out last round. Seems bizarre to just leave him out today and bet West Ham couldn't believe their luck when they saw he wasn't playing at 2pm.

53 minutes ago, useless said:

West Ham are still in big danger looking at their fixtures still to come, their next four games are against teams chasing champions league. I only saw the first half of their game today but they didn't look that great at all and were helped out by a Southampton team that didn't look that bothered and for reason left out their best player, they'll come up against much tougher opposition.

They're only 10 points or so away from safety now so can afford to lose most of their away games. Three wins from burnley, Watford, Newcastle, Norwich and us and they're safe and I'd expect them to do it.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Surely Brighton are most under threat after today?

5 home games left. Four are against Arsenal, Man. United, Liverpool and Man. United.

Can see them only getting one draw from that lot and also drawing v Newcastle given their lack of goals and that would take them up to 30 points with 5 aways.

They're one I'd really be looking to reel in and think Bournemouth will be deflated after coming so close to beating Chelsea.

As I thought West Ham playing really well at Anfield helped them today. Been out in Cheltenham all day so don't know wby Ings was benched. Any reason? I thought Southampton were resting him for the FA cup but they were knocked out last round. Seems bizarre to just leave him out today and bet West Ham couldn't believe their luck when they saw he wasn't playing at 2pm.

Playing Man United twice at home sounds harsh😉

• Like 1

Brighton's next four.

Away to Wolves

Home to Arsenal

Away to Leicester

Home to Man. United

I was expecting them to beat Palace today so very bad result and think they're in massive trouble. I'd concentrate more on catching up with them than West Ham tbh.