Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

We're probably the worst team in the league now. I can't see where we can win a game. 

Newcastle IMO. Got some lucky results early in the season, but their form is worse than ours and they've only managed 24 goals. The only 11v11 where we've comfortably dominated the whole match.

I had us down as favorites to do down before this weekend, and that was with me expecting Norwich, Bournemouth, and Watford to all lose, and Southampton to at least get a draw against West Ham, so things look even worse now. But to look on the bright side, we're only two points from safety with a game in hand, and whilst results went against us today, if they go for us next weekend we will only be two points from safety with two games in hand. At the end of the day we're just two points from safety with 33 points to play for, and it's not as if we've been rubbish all season, it's unusual for a team to be on twenty-five points and in the drop zone at this stage.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Liverpool have been dire all over the pitch, especially at the back, and I think playing like that we'd have beat them.

Not great results for us this weekend but I'm a glass half full merchant and always felt Watford and West Ham were on paper at least too good to go down and Bournemouth and Brighton more likely to drop. 

With 11 games to go our fate is still in our own hands in terms of surviving and I'd have taken that at the start of the season.

Fair play Mark.....I think that glass of yours is 7/8ths full mate  

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well we were in a similar position at VP with Liverpool below par and we simply refused to attack.

Watford keep their discipline and also kept having a go at 1-0 and had their just rewards.

All season we've lost our heads when in decent positions v the top teams.

To be fair we would have taken a point v Liverpool of the referee had invented a new rule with 90 seconds to go.

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What do you think a new manager gets out of this squad?

£150 million and tell me one player who has been consistently good this year?

1. A new manager would stop us leaking so many easy goals.

2. I don't think it's individual inconsistency, its the consistency as a collective that's has been lacking.

NB I still don't want Smith sacked .....

Edited by Villan_of_oz

IMO we are the second worst side in the league. Behind newcastle. 

Obviously hope we stay up but think Jack will go anyway so my emotional investment is dwindling by the day. But obviously we stay up and we can demand more cash.

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Newcastle IMO. Got some lucky results early in the season, but their form is worse than ours and they've only managed 24 goals. The only 11v11 where we've comfortably dominated the whole match.

Don't understand this, they're on 32 points. They've played and managed games better than us so that they've either held on to a winning position or grafted a draw, something we aren't capable of. Currently the bottom two are rightly the two shittest team in the league. Each team has their fair share of luck as the season goes on.

Edited by supermon

I can’t believe the extent of the pessimism on here when we’re about to win our first major trophy for 24 years..

I still think Watford were in a false position. I’m confident we’ll finish above Norwich, Bournemouth and Brighton and Newcastle if we beat them. West Ham still have some tricky fixtures and we have a good chance to finish above them too.

This isn’t 100% done no matter what the merchants of doom believe.

• Like 1

I don't think it helps us that we have to wait a week Monday before we play Leicester, by then everyone else will have played another game, if results go against us again then there will be massive pressure on us in that game to get a result. The flipside to that is that if everyone around us loses next weekend then it should give us an extra incentive going into Monday's game, think we're going to need at least couple of points from the next two now, our rivals have been getting results against top six teams and now we have to start doing the same if we're to have any chance.

I'm sure that before the end of the season there will be days where our rivals lose games which they were expecting to win, lots of up and downs still to come yet.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Palace and Sheffield United will probably be on the beach aswell but both are very good away from home.

Put it this way 7 points from Newcastle, Palace and Sheffield which looks pretty optimistic currently would still only get us to 32 points so on top of that we'd need to win another game and draw a couple.

It's a tall order. Still hope though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, supermon said:

Don't understand this, they're on 32 points. They've played and managed games better than us so that they've either held on to a winning position or grafted a draw, something we aren't capable of. Currently the bottom two are rightly the two shittest team in the league. Each team has their fair share of luck as the season goes on.

I was talking about who is currently the worst team in the league. I think it’s Newcastle.

I haven’t seen them “manage” any games well recently. 

13 minutes ago, Elton said:

I can’t believe the extent of the pessimism on here when we’re about to win our first major trophy for 24 years..

I still think Watford were in a false position. I’m confident we’ll finish above Norwich, Bournemouth and Brighton and Newcastle if we beat them. West Ham still have some tricky fixtures and we have a good chance to finish above them too.

This isn’t 100% done no matter what the merchants of doom believe.

Can I offer you some doom good sir? It's real cheap.