Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

On 23/01/2020 at 03:52, abdulaziz1 said:

I’d say it’s better to take it game by game. Southampton took it that way and now suddenly looking at top half.

For now I’m worried about Leicester game. It’s really important and hopefully we make it through. Then think again about Bournemouth.

Now I can free my mind to think about our League race, starting with the Bournemouth game. 😁

• Like 1

It's important to go into Bournemouth with confidence, but without being overconfidence at the same time. Dean Smith and the players showed that they have the quality to stay up, but that's not enough. It's a long league.

I think what's make me personally putting faith in this team (or actually the whole club under DS) is that he manage things even when it's going to a bad direction. 

During the Championship days, I was one of the few that kept faith and gave us a chance, and that's because of what I've seen from the team during November (against top teams down there). The defence needed sorting, Grealish was out, things weren't going well. Getting Mings and Hause, having Axel back, having Jack back gave us the chance to go in 10 win in row. 

This season, we couldn't close a game. We had fitness and mental issues. We again showed quality against all top teams, but without results. We had the odd win here and there. We came back from some heavy losses but managed to keep in track. Our character has improved, we came back from losing in our last two games. We came back from a bad loss against City in our place. We had a lot of players missing yet we kept fighting and getting what we want. 

Yesterday Leicester got their draw in a dangerous time, yet we surprised everyone by scoring again before the whistle!

Bournemouth game will be huge, we need to win it. I think with Samatta and Davis we have a better chance than the last couple of games. 

If we win, it would make less pressure playing Spurs, and less pressure so we can think of the final. Also, it would give us a space as we'll have Sheff Utd game postponed. 

• Like 4

Could do with West Ham getting dicked by Liverpool tonight for goal difference, then drawing with Brighton on Saturday.

Going into Bournemouth game with some confidence and swagger, let's start to open a gap please.

• Like 1

If we can get a positive result against Bournemouth, then I will start to feel more confident about our chances of staying up. This weekend is a very important game in my eyes, and will either give us a little breathing space or drag us right back into the mix. We need the players to quickly re-focus after last nights heroics, as away to Bournemouth will be tricky, especially as they turned a corner in the last game with a victory.

Not taking it for granted that West Ham are going to lose tonight, seems more often than not that when one of our relegation rivals play a game we're expecting them to lose they go and get a result. That said would be good to see them lose by a big margin, if they were to lose by four goals then our goal difference would be better than theirs and they'd drop into the bottom three replacing Bournemouth, but would take any kind of defeat for them now.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I know it's early but i seriously think Wet Spam should consider sacking Moyes if they got any ambitions of survival.

Let’s hope they don’t, but I don’t think Moyes is the problem.

The owners are deluded, self satisfied, insufferable ego maniacs. As long as they are at the helm the hammers won’t prosper. They have ripped the heart out of WHU, it’s how to kill a club, they are a football zombie now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I know it's early but i seriously think Wet Spam should consider sacking Moyes if they got any ambitions of survival.

Any club that hires Moyes in the first place deserves exactly what they get.  How he behaved at Sunderland was disgraceful. 

• Like 1