Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Teams like Norwich are the bane of Bruce sides. They tore them apart in the reverse fixture early in the season.

Yeah. They play similar to us.

Key is getting the first goal. It forces Newcastle taking more risks which leaves space for the opposition to exploit.

We struggled at VP for a while but once we got that first goal we started created more chances.

Edited by villalad21

A great example coming up of why our season will, overall,  be defined by results against the 10 other sides in our mini league.

Had we beaten Bournemouth at VP we’d be currently 8 Points clear of them. As it is, if we lose at the weekend they go ahead of us.

Its very rare I get overly concerned about individual matches ( Watford at Home was one) but this really is a game where we could do with evening up the Head To Head.

Chances are decent, we’ve had 2 Wins and a Draw from 4 games Away at those near us....exciting stuff !

• Like 1

We've beat every team we've played twice in the bottom half at least once. We've done the double over Norwich and drawn with Burnley and Brighton.

Of the teams who we've only played once, we've only failed to beat just Palace and this Saturday's opponents, both of which were very fortuitous 3 points for them very early in our season. We do very well against our rivals.

It's the top half where we're not so good. Just a single point gleaned all season from top half opponents, though we've come close against Arsenal and Liverpool. Most of the other games were blowouts, we were barely in them.

Like I said before, all we need to do is continue our form against our rivals and just improve our form against the top half teams ever so slightly and we should be good and safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bugger - we have no more home games scheduled for evenings.

Sheffield United will be a night game

Edit: and Man United if they get to the FA Cup semi finals

Edited by chappy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, chappy said:

Sheffield United will be a night game

It's listed as 15:00 in the Leicester programme - have they moved it?

Edit - I can see it's been postponed because of the cup final - if it's been moved to the evening I'm delighted!

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bugger - we have no more home games scheduled for evenings.

Sheffield United will be as it's on league cup final weekend.

Edit: Already pointed out, OBE did you think we were going to play twice in 24 hours?!:lol:

Have to say I prefer midweek games to weekend ones. Always seems to be a better game, we had loads of crackers in the championship under the lights whereas the Saturday/Sunday ones generally are more turgid.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

15:00 kick off I think.

I have a feeling that QPR game in March 2018 might be right!

Sorry I was thinking of the away game. Qpr probably is right. We didn’t lose many at home last season.  I think we only lost 2 all season at home?

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sorry I was thinking of the away game. Qpr probably is right. We didn’t lose many at home last season.  I think we only lost 2 all season at home?

I think more than two.

We’ve lost to Leeds, West Brom and Norwich. Those I’m sure about.

Also Wednesday comes to mind. Those are 4 which I could recall.