Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 01:16, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How shit will it be if Newcastle get taken over (Basically by the Saudi Government) and we get relegated 🙄.

Will just be another team we traditionally were on par with or above, leaving us behind ffs.

They'd still have to navigate FFP.  We're as rich as a football club could feasibly hope to be but it doesn't hold as much sway as it used to.  Had to get rich before the regulation was brought in.

• Like 1

How can we increase revenue though? 

it is so hard to keep players, generate revenue. 

Our average attendance is up at over 5k per game than last year, but we had more home games in the championship. Also not sure on the fluctuations in average ticket prices this year, vs last year. but even at an average of £22 per ticket it's £2m more in revenue, plus F&B which will have over 100% margin on it. 

I am not sure how we pump those numbers to give us the ability to generate a wedge of cash to bring in enough talent to keep Jack here if we stay up. 

Am sure if we outlined to him who we want to get we can keep him if we stay up. 

16 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

I am not sure how we pump those numbers to give us the ability to generate a wedge of cash to bring in enough talent to keep Jack here if we stay up. 

Commercial deals by getting our name out there in the global marketplace and using our owners contacts.

Finishing higher in the Premier League.

Qualifying for Europe (eventually).

16 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

How can we increase revenue though? 

it is so hard to keep players, generate revenue. 

Our average attendance is up at over 5k per game than last year, but we had more home games in the championship. Also not sure on the fluctuations in average ticket prices this year, vs last year. but even at an average of £22 per ticket it's £2m more in revenue, plus F&B which will have over 100% margin on it. 

Am sure if we outlined to him who we want to get we can keep him if we stay up. 

Couple of ways to do it, firstly increase our overseas fanbase and secondly build a new 60k seater stadium (and fill it). Neither happens overnight or at least soon enough for us to keep Jack onboard anyway.

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I would say we have already started working on getting our revenue up.

Trezeguet, Nakamba and Samatta will have increased our overseas fanbase by huge numbers.

True as long as they turn out to be decent players and have a career at the club right now both Trez and Marvelous could be at Rotherham next season for all we know! 

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Commercial deals by getting our name out there in the global marketplace and using our owners contacts.

Does anyone know, if we would get to play Europa League, if we got into the league Cup final and lost to Manchester City when they qualify for Champions League or win the FA Cup?

3 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Does anyone know, if we would get to play Europa League, if we got into the league Cup final and lost to Manchester City when they qualify for Champions League or win the FA Cup?

Have to win, the Europa place goes to highest finishers in the league.

52 minutes ago, ender4 said:

How much is each league position worth nowadays? wasn't it £1.6m or something every position you went up? so finishing five positions higher is a pretty big deal?

53 minutes ago, ender4 said:

The increase in TV-revenue from European football has been huge in recent years. If we could sneak European football somehow it would mean a lot.

The Swiss Ramble has a long thread on it today. Obviously the CL is where the big money is.

12 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

How much is each league position worth nowadays? wasn't it £1.6m or something every position you went up? so finishing five positions higher is a pretty big deal?

It was £1.9 million per position in the 18/19 season.  So roughly £10m more TV money for 5 places - ie: around 8% increase in our total annual turnover.

It massively increases either this season or next season for the international TV money. 

BarChart.png

Edited by ender4

I’d hope after what we’ve all witnessed in the last few years (ourselves of course, but plenty other Clubs have provided good and bad examples ) that fans, owners, etc would recognise it’s not about which owners have the most money or who spends the most money.

You need decent financial backing of course, but if we haven’t yet learnt it’s about recruitment, coaching, and youth development we won’t deserve success. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I’d hope after what we’ve all witnessed in the last few years (ourselves of course, but plenty other Clubs have provided good and bad examples ) that fans, owners, etc would recognise it’s not about which owners have the most money or who spends the most money.

You need decent financial backing of course, but if we haven’t yet learnt it’s about recruitment, coaching, and youth development we won’t deserve success. 

I think the same people who arranged Man City deal are currently looking at Newcastle deal. So I think they’ll work in all of that.

It just had to be Newcastle from all other clubs. A team who I can’t stand at all! 

15 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If we have mega rich owners but arent allowed to spend cus of ffp, surely newcastle will be the same? Saudi or no saudi?

Yes, but they’ll work in increasing the revenues as soon as possible. I don’t think it will be that hard with resources. They could put a Newcastle academy paid by the government then get Newcastle to operate it and get money out of it. Things like that I think.

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not sure how weakened this Bournemouth team is but the look a shambles. No desire at all. 

They have made six changes from their 3-1 win over Brighton last weekend 

• Thanks 1