Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Looked like neither Manchester club wanted to win it, scared of playing us at Wembley I expect.

First time for many years I’ve been hoping for a Liverpool win. West Ham  sliding further into the mire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

City will be desperate to win any silverware they can, especially due to being blown out the water in the League.

That being said, we have nothing to lose, let's right the wrong!

i remember watching City destroy Watford in the final last season, as well as actually making it to Wembley a long way back and watching us lose to Chelsea in a cup final and semi final.

it doesn't feel like there is enough romance left in either cup when you are facing clubs whose squads are worth billions of pounds in transfers and wages.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

City will be desperate to win any silverware they can, especially due to being blown out the water in the League.

That being said, we have nothing to lose, let's right the wrong!

My biggest criticism of Smith all season is not starting Nakamba and playing Can't tackle Conor in a midfield 3 vs City. Drinkwater was stupid but I didn't mind as much in throw away game to see what he was capable of and get some match fitness. We'll be a much better team that faces them in Final

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

Just now, VillanousOne said:

i remember watching City destroy Watford in the final last season, as well as a long way back watching us lose to Chelsea in a cup final and semi final.

it doesn't feel like there is enough romance left in either cup when you are facing clubs whose squads are worth billions of pounds in transfers and wages.

That city team as soon as they fail to keep up with signing the best will eventually become like the rest in the league. Look at some of those top teams, thanks to FFP are slowing down there purchases, football at the top of the premier will self adjust in the coming years once big names start leaving at more of a rate than what they can spend and bring in.

48 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

West Ham's run is brutal. We have several home games against top half clubs. I think there's about 7 other clubs still in the mix to go down

Between now and April they have it horrid. In theory they should be down by April. But their run in isn’t that bad. If they get to April in contention then they face: 

Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, United, Us.

thats not a bad way to end the league if you need points.

Conversely we face Liverpool, United, Palace, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham

still you’d like to think most of those will be on their Summer holidays by then and a good 9 points in it. But it’s definitely harder.

West Hams remaining fixtures...

01.02 Brighton H - 09.02 Man City A - 24.02. Liverpool A - 29.02. Southampton H - 07.03 Arsenal A - 15.03. Wolves H - 20.03 Tottenham A - 04.04 Chelsea H - 11.04 Newcastle A
18.04 Burnley H - 25.04 Norwich A - 02.05 - Watford H - 09.05 Man Utd A - 17.05 Aston Villa H

Tough away games at Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd.

Thats as tough a set of fixtures as anybodys, particulary when you are on a bad run.

Their home game this Saturday is huge for both teams. As big as the Bournemouth game is to us. The difference is though that we have momentum going in the right direction.

I hope we are in a safe position  by the time we play them at there place on the last day of the season.

Theres an article in the Daily Mail suggesting they will be in financial meltdown should they be releagated.

The SORRY state of West Ham: £45m flops failing to fire, fans revolting against owners and Moyes back in the hotseat despite previous sacking for not being good enough... West Ham have splashed £300MILLION on transfers but now they MUST stay up to avoid financial meltdown

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

West Hams remaining fixtures...

01.02 Brighton H - 09.02 Man City A - 24.02. Liverpool A - 29.02. Southampton H - 07.03 Arsenal A - 15.03. Wolves H - 20.03 Tottenham A - 04.04 Chelsea H - 11.04 Newcastle A
18.04 Burnley H - 25.04 Norwich A - 02.05 - Watford H - 09.05 Man Utd A - 17.05 Aston Villa H

Tough away games at Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd.

Thats as tough a set of fixtures as anybodys, particulary when you are on a bad run.

Their home game this Saturday is huge for both teams. As big as the Bournemouth game is to us. The difference is though that we have momentum going in the right direction.

I hope we are in a safe position  by the time we play them at there place on the last day of the season.

Theres an article in the Daily Mail suggesting they will be in financial meltdown should they be releagated.

The SORRY state of West Ham: £45m flops failing to fire, fans revolting against owners and Moyes back in the hotseat despite previous sacking for not being good enough... West Ham have splashed £300MILLION on transfers but now they MUST stay up to avoid financial meltdown

You love to see it.

Remember all the pundits tipping them to gate-crash the top 6? :crylaugh:

Chris Wilder has done a fantastic job with Sheffield United this season, but I wonder if some injuries will bite them at the end of the year and if they'll start falling down the table.

Just because FourFourTwo have a quiz up on their website (https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/football-quiz-can-you-name-players-have-played-2000-minutes-premier-league-season) challenging you to name the 38 players who have played over 2000 PL minutes this season. Noticeably we have 0 (due to Heaton's injury) and Sheffield United have 7. That's a large core of their team who have played every or nearly every minute. Surely that pace cannot be sustained until the end of the season. 

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

They're missing Robertson and I put Jimenez exactly as they spelled it and didn't accept

I've missed a few because of spelling before. Also think it would have been up before the West Ham game, not sure if that makes a difference regarding Robertson. But I have noticed errors in the odd one.

Edited by Hornso

26 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I've missed a few because of spelling before. Also think it would have been up before the West Ham game, not sure if that makes a difference regarding Robertson. But I have noticed errors in the odd one.

Yeah that's it. Robertson was on 1995 mins before Wham game

Edited by Kiwivillan

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Man City are incredibly vulnerable at def set pieces. They lack physical and aerial presence.

It's the one weakness we should try to exploit. Jack wins plenty of free kicks

They've conceded only 5 goals from set pieces. After checking the top 10, that puts them only at fifth place on least goals conceded from set pieces. I'm sure the bottom 10 all conceded more so didn't bother to check.

Now all teams around us have a bad GD apart from Brighton. If we can keep it tight, and maybe improving ours, that would be a huge plus. A draw between Spammers and Brighton would be fantastic. If we could win at Bournemouth at the same time then that would be huge! I think it's a perfect timing to play Bournemouth (usually it's the worst time to play most of teams). We need to continue and show some character. I don't want to make my expectations too high, and any win would do us favors. But I think at the time being we have a chance to use their low confidence in our side and force them to make mistakes. If we could score early, then I think we're capable of doing what we've done at Norwich. 

At the same time we can't just go over confident, they still have some quality in their squad. 

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah that's it. Robertson was on 1995 mins before Wham game

Surely Young Guns like him can run forever, even with all the bad boys trying to take him down.  With that many minutes it sounds like he's had the Freedom to play as much as he likes. 

• Like 1