Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Bournemouth doing the double over us is really sickening. If our plan is take points of those around us, today was a utter failure. Our away form is garbage, struggle against 10 men. Not to mention our form against so called top teams. Not too much to be positive about. 

I gave up at half time. Knew what would happen so why even bother and try to think we'll get anything. That's a disastrous result, all the other games went in our favour and we've turned up and shit ourselves once again. Our away form is embarrassing. 

Spurs H, Saints A, Leicester A and Chelsea H our next 4 league games. I see us getting 0 points with City taking the piss with us in the middle of it. 

I'm depressed, we've **** it big time today.

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Oh and I want all red cards against Villa banned. I never want to play a team with less than 11 men ever again. 

Today we done better, but it came when we were 2-0, always going to be hard.

But no overraction, our form is ok. Yes we’ve missed opportunity but still things are on the ground and lets take it game by game. Lets beat Spurs at home, we haven’t done for more than a decade!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If Bournemouth fight like they did today there is no chance they are going down.

Every game have some circumstances, we were growing into the game then recieved a goal. We kept going then the ref didn’t give Konsa a foul. 

If we took the lead it would have been different as Bournemouth will have a confidence shot. 

Bournemouth are very much still in it, as everyone else.

Newcastle and Palace to a lesser extent.

We’ve done much worse at Watford, then came back stronger.

People who are mentioning our away form, we haven’t lost away this year apart from today. We’ve beaten Burnley and drew to Leicester and Brighton.

Its still long way to go, always going to be hard. A draw would have been perfect but we go again!

• Like 2

When we got relegated last time, I called it in October. We've been better this season, but I have to call it now - it's another relegation season. We're simply not good enough. We had to sign too many players, we've been unlucky with injuries, we've left ourselves short in places and Dean Smith is on a steep learning curve at this level.

Too many times this season we've been outplayed by teams in and around us. Since December we've been awful, including the times we've won in the last few minutes. We've been battered for 90% of games. Furthermore, we've had so many games against ten men and we've failed to do anything in most of them (there must be a record for that!).

We have 13 games left. We still play Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea, Wolves, Man Utd and Arsenal. From the reverse fixtures we got ONE point. So five games to get 15 points?! Oh, so just win every game we 'need' to.

Back to the Championship it is, but defeatest as it may be, I prefer being a big fish in a little pond. The Premier League moved on and we missed the boat. We're so far off being a good side, FFP has further added to the obstacles we face and the likes of Leicester and Wolves have made us not even 2nd best team in the Midlands. Might not even be second best in the West Midlands by May.

Depressing but to be expected. 

• Like 1

At least we're not in the relegation zone, well done to Everton, and Brighton and West Ham drawing was a good result for us, we could have drawn today and found ourselves in a worse position relative to the bottom three if those result had have gone against us. Not looking great when we can't even get a result against ten man Bournemouth though, but it goes to show that we can't just rely on beating those teams around us, as inevitably we will all be beating each other, so need some results eventually against the divisions better sides.

• Like 1

Bad result today. Losing home and away to Bournemouth who have one win in three months is not a good look.

Things were much worse at half time. West Ham and Watford blowing 2 goal leads could be good news in the long run.

Ultimately we need to stop getting scared of sharing pitches with semi famous teams and get at least a point off Spurs after the break. Leicester are much better than them this season. We should not be just bowing down at the feet of Dele and Son.

Brighton-Watford next week as I said an hour ago.

Normally you'd say brighton win as Watford remain below us but in a way think Watford winning that would be better as Brighton still have quite a few tough home games left (still got to play Liverpool and Man. City at home) so they'll be targeting that as certain three points like West Ham did today.

I think a draw with Spurs will be fantastic, a win though would put us in a great position. 

A tricky 6 pointer between Brighton and Watford, Sheff Utd playing Bournemouth, City plays West Ham, Arsenal Newcastle, Southampton Burnley, Everton Palace. 

Still a lot to go, if we can somehow be out of bottom 3 during the final, then it would give us a breath as we’ll have Sheff Utd at home in hand. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

We're not good enough to survive

We are still above three other teams. As much as we'd all love a 4 game winning streak and comfortably get clear I can't see that happening. It will be odd win, odd draw and some more defeats up to May.

One thing we never had in all our previous relegation threatened seasons was it going to the final game. That could easily happen as I can't really see us being 4 points clear of West Ham or others going into the final day.

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Spurs are 100% beating us even if they are poor themselves. We just seem to give up cheap goals constantly. 

We really need to stop this mentality. They have won two away games all season. The man who stopped us getting a 1-1 on the first day is injured.

• Like 1