Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

7 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think more than two.

We’ve lost to Leeds, West Brom and Norwich. Those I’m sure about.

Also Wednesday comes to mind. Those are 4 which I could recall. 

You’re right. I forgot about Leeds and Norwich game was meaningless. Can’t think of any others. 

13 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think more than two.

We’ve lost to Leeds, West Brom and Norwich. Those I’m sure about.

Also Wednesday comes to mind. Those are 4 which I could recall. 

I've checked and those were all daytime games (two of them were early kick offs which suggest we get worse the earlier we play).

Our last defeat at home at night was against QPR on 13th March 2018. 

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’re right. I forgot about Leeds and Norwich game was meaningless. Can’t think of any others. 

Actually the game against Leeds was a draw and away, the loss was in January when they scored a last minute winner 3-2.

As long as we win, then I don't think we can lose whatever happens in the the West Ham Brighton game, either way one of or two of our relegation rivals will have dropped points, and we will have gained on them. Hoping that us sending Watford back into the relegation places after working so hard to get out of them has affected their spirit as well, and Everton can get a win against them. I'ts about time we had weekend where most results go right for us.

• Like 1

Well West Ham have checked money at it.

Watford brought in some moderately prices forwards to go with Pearson.

We've been a bit hamstrung but maxed ourselves out on what we can spend.

Brighton, Bournemouth eff all.

Norwich couple of talented loans.

I would very much like to stay up.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Well West Ham have checked money at it.

Watford brought in some moderately prices forwards to go with Pearson.

We've been a bit hamstrung but maxed ourselves out on what we can spend.

Brighton, Bournemouth eff all.

Norwich couple of talented loans.

I would very much like to stay up.

Palace, Newcastle, Burnely aren't still out of it. Actually even Everton and Southampton could get back to the race soon (although I doubt that).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, useless said:

As long as we win, then I don't think we can lose whatever happens in the the West Ham Brighton game, either way one of or two of our relegation rivals will have dropped points, and we will have gained on them. Hoping that us sending Watford back into the relegation places after working so hard to get out of them has affected their spirit as well, and Everton can get a win against them. I'ts about time we had weekend where most results go right for us.

My viewpoint is that Brighton will do just enough like last season to stay up.

West Ham will be denied a win in a very winnable home fixture which will really dent their confidence. Given they still have lots of tough away games they'll be banking on getting 3-4 wins from today, Watford, Burnley, Southampton and us which is home games they have left so not winning today will just ramp up the pressure for those. And they've got less points than Brighton so tough for them is tougher.

The lower the points needed to stay up the better so I'd rather the teams on 23 points don't win today. One of those games is in our hands of course.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

My viewpoint is that Brighton will do just enough like last season to stay up.

West Ham will be denied a win in a very winnable home fixture which will really dent their confidence. Given they still have lots of tough away games they'll be banking on getting 3-4 wins from today, Watford, Burnley, Southampton and us which is home games they have left so not winning today will just ramp up the pressure for those. And they've got less points than Brighton so tough for them is tougher.

The lower the points needed to stay up the better so I'd rather the teams on 23 points don't win today. One of those games is in our hands of course.

Brighton are proper s*** last six weeks (still beat Bournemouth though).

Glenn Murray starting today odd move considering how one paced West Ham are defending.

Brighton-Watford next week.

This is going right down to the wire, disappointing day for us, even a draw would have been an ok result. We're still in with a great chance of stopping up though, we just need to get behind the team as it could be the difference in the run in.

Watford have lost to 10 men throwing away a 2 goal lead.

West Ham have given away a 2 goal lead twice in one game.

Both sides will be feeling a lot worse than us tonight.