Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

7 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Good to have a weekend off worrying about our league position and nervously watching the results from Watford, Bournemouth, West Ham etc. 😀

Huh? Only PL game before our Bournemouth game is West Ham vs Liverpool or you talking cup games?

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Huh? Only PL game before our Bournemouth game is West Ham vs Liverpool or you talking cup games?

I think he means looking at their results for the weekend and comparing to ours and standings etc. Not us playing against them. 

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Exactly. That’s his point. He doesn’t have to worry about their results and how we get on, so can therefore enjoy his weekend stress free from Villa related matters. 

Oh yeah I read as two separate things. NM I'm going back to sleep

• Like 1

February

Bournemouth, Spurs, Southampton, Sheffield United

March

Leicester, Chelsea, Newcastle

April

Wolves, Liverpool, Manchester United, Crystal Palace

May

Everton, Arsenal, West Ham

February is massive. Hopefully we can pick up 7 points from those four fixtures, because we may struggle to get 7 from March and April combined.

47 minutes ago, Enda said:

February is massive. Hopefully we can pick up 7 points from those four fixtures, because we may struggle to get 7 from March and April combined.

I look at February and see 12pts. Not sure about Southampton though 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Bournemouth is massive!

It is. I feel if we win that I'll feel pretty confident of staying up. In reality another 3 wins after and 37pts should be virtual safety. 40pts is that magical touted number but last needed 2010/11 season

Edited by Kiwivillan

25 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

I think we can get to 43 would me mega to get that but the one thing I am unsure of is where do we need to finish to try and keep Jack?

assuming he gets assurances we will strengthen if we stay up. 

We just need to stay up. He wants to play for Villa in the PL and get selected for England. Every article published about Manure planning a bid for him is a load of BS from Manure supporting journos or ones that hate us. We have 2nd richest owners in UK with a long term plan and the team will be built around Grealish like Wes Edens NBA team is built around the Greek Freak

47 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

@jim why can't we win the next 2? Would you bet against us?

Yer dreaming. We’ve only won two in a row once this year, and that was against Norwich and Brighton.

So if you’re offering, yeah I’ll take that bet.

6 minutes ago, Enda said:

Yer dreaming. We’ve only won two in a row once this year, and that was against Norwich and Brighton.

So if you’re offering, yeah I’ll take that bet.

Well if we win against Bournemouth, thats 2 in a row.

I fancy us against Spurs at home. They're awful away from home.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

We just need to stay up. He wants to play for Villa in the PL and get selected for England. Every article published about Manure planning a bid for him is a load of BS from Manure supporting journos or ones that hate us. We have 2nd richest owners in UK with a long term plan and the team will be built around Grealish like Wes Edens NBA team is built around the Greek Freak

Forget Manure they’re tepid now.

i hope we can still invest heavily in the summer if we stay up. We need to keep him if we are still in the Prem.

i think we can get 37-43 points. Not sure where that leaves us come May. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I mean Grealish is great but he is no alphabet soup. Antetokounmpo is a top 3 player in the world for his sport (admittedly out of about 450 competitive players) Grealish is probably only top 3 in his position (CAM) or in this league. Big difference grealish could get there but it is easier to carry a team when you only have to worry about 4 other players on your team at one time

6 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

i think we can get 37-43 points. Not sure where that leaves us come May. 

37pts sent Newcastle down same season as us. 37pts is safe every other season going back to 10/11 when 40pts was needed and 18th and 19th had 39pts