Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 wins and 3 draws should see us home. We'd be very unlucky to go down if we reach 40 points. 

Good thing about the team is, they play until the final whistle. We've had last gasp winners this season that proves we fight until the end when we are still in the game. Hopefully, they'll keep fighting like that. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

4 wins and 3 draws should see us home. We'd be very unlucky to go down if we reach 40 points. 

Good thing about the team is, they play until the final whistle. We've had last gasp winners this season that proves we fight until the end when we are still in the game. Hopefully, they'll keep fighting like that. 

In my opinion someone is going to be relegated this year with a record points haul. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, av1 said:

On the way back from the game earlier my 15yr old son mentioned that should we get to Wembley again it would be his 5th time over the last few years, i don't think I'd seen us at Wembley that many times over the last 30 or so years I've been going. 

Incredible when you think we've had a pretty shitty few years recently. 

I reached my mid 20s believing I would never see us play at Wembley   Was a little too young to remember the mid 70s games.  My 17 Yr old has been to Wembley more times than I could have imagined. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

We are going to be the team that ruins Liverpool’s unbeaten season and I am going to love it.

They won’t go unbeaten all season because will win the league too early. A lot of partying after that unless they are in still in the champions league or course. 

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

May be wrong on this and seems hard to believe given some of the recent play, but I think Villa are 6th in the form table over the last 6 games. The tide may actually be turning.

You are right. Southampton, Everton and Watford are above us. I think all 3 of them should have enough to stay up. As will we.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Enda said:

Okay. That means relegated with 39 points. Possible, but that would be very much on the high end of things. 37 points keeps you up the majority of the time, 38 points a bit more, and only once this century has 39 points got you relegated.

Could happen of course, but I reckon you're being a bit pessimistic.

Technically we could need 40 points to stay up but 18th place is relegated with 37.
For example, if we go into the last game in 18th place on 37 points, but behind West Ham in 17th on GD, then we would need to win and finish on 40 points in order to stay up even though no teams below us would have more than 37 points.

20 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Technically we could need 40 points to stay up but 18th place is relegated with 37.
For example, if we go into the last game in 18th place on 37 points, but behind West Ham in 17th on GD, then we would need to win and finish on 40 points in order to stay up even though no teams below us would have more than 37 points.

Oh man hope it doesn’t go down to the last game. Don’t think I could handle it. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Could really do with 3 home wins today. All 3 teams will be looking to bounce back from disappointing results on the weekend. 

100% three home wins would cap a very good start to the week. Come on Leicester, Man U and Spurs 🤮

i just did the predictor for the rest of the season and i had Norwich bottom, Bournemouth 19th and Brighton 18th finishing on 35 points and us 17th on 37 points. That will make the last day visit to west ham far more nervy than i would like but i think i was completing the predictor with an overly pessimistic view. 

I do think that the likes of Bournemouth are likely to go on long winless runs between now and the end of the season. Brighton not beating us and then losing to Bournemouth could have a real impact on them. i just hope we can kick on from the last to games and with new players coming in and getting fit we can get some bonus results.

4 points from the last 2 games has been a great boost after the Man City drubbing, especially coming from behind in both. That Man City game could be our Southampton moment in a way.

Beat Bournemouth and things are definitely looking better. 7 points out of 9 must be the target now. That 3-1 win for them last night looks goods on paper but Brighton had plenty of chances etc. So they will still be there for the taking. Watford were on a far better run and we dominated for large spells last night.

That's overrated 

You can say dyche has experience of surviving relegation because last season Burnley spent a lot of time in and around the relegation zone before pulling clear

Yeah OK, so what experience did dyche have of surviving a relegation battle last season? None... 

Not sure howes ever been involved in a relegation scrap either, I thought they'd always been comfortabley mid table, so is he experienced? 

24 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

i just did the predictor for the rest of the season and i had Norwich bottom, Bournemouth 19th and Brighton 18th finishing on 35 points and us 17th on 37 points. That will make the last day visit to west ham far more nervy than i would like but i think i was completing the predictor with an overly pessimistic view. 

I do think that the likes of Bournemouth are likely to go on long winless runs between now and the end of the season. Brighton not beating us and then losing to Bournemouth could have a real impact on them. i just hope we can kick on from the last to games and with new players coming in and getting fit we can get some bonus results.

I had a go, but there are so many matches that could go either way between the bottom half I ended up giving everyone draws and it was a load of nonsense.  Still such a long way to go and plenty that can change through injuries etc.

• Like 1