Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Imagine Everton fans telling there kids and mates that they didn't win this match !!!!

I wonder how many left early thinking the game was wrapped up.....

Edited by imavillan

10 minutes ago, Enda said:

Really not sure about that. We have 25 points. 35 points kept you up last season, so by that metric we'd need 10 more points not 15. I think teams will need a little more than 35 points this year, and maybe we'll need the full 40, but 38 points keeps teams up 90% of the time. Only once in the past ten or twelve years was 38 points not enough.

Then we need 40 to be sure, especially with numerous teams beating the bigger teams unusually frequently this season.

27 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

great win versus Watford, the Bournemouth game is a critical 6 pointer.

Our run in now is pretty tough.

Bournemouth, Spurs, Southampton, Sheff Utd, leicester, Chelsea,  Newcastle, Wolves, Liverpool, Man Utd, Palace, Everton, Arsenal, W.Ham.

14 games left, we need 15 points minimum from the 42 available. (4 wins, 3 draws, 7 losses???), going to be difficult.

Deffo not simple, but those teams around us are either playing each other or playing concurrently against teams who can beat them. IF IF IF we can beat Bournemouth, I honestly don't think we'll be in the relegation battle again this season. 

Just now, MaVilla said:

Then we need 40 to be sure, especially with numerous teams beating the bigger teams unusually frequently this season.

If you're talking about having a bit of breathing space then you're not talking about a minimum!

Just now, Enda said:

If you're talking about having a bit of breathing space then you're not talking about a minimum!

I'm saying, I think we will need 40 points to be sure of staying up.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I'm saying, I think we will need 40 points to be sure of staying up.

Okay. That means relegated with 39 points. Possible, but that would be very much on the high end of things. 37 points keeps you up the majority of the time, 38 points a bit more, and only once this century has 39 points got you relegated.

Could happen of course, but I reckon you're being a bit pessimistic.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the way our players celebrated both goals show how much this means to them. There ready for the fight.

We’ve also now managed 10 points from our last 15. Not bad for a team in crisis that is full of players not even fit for the championship. 

I mean tbf, 10 points from our last 15 games is bottom of the table form. Leaves you with 25 points if you maintain that form throughout the entire season.

Although in actuality we have 14 points out of our last 15 games. Watford win, Norwich win, Burnley win, Newcastle win and Man U and Brighton draws.

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I mean tbf, 10 points from our last 15 games is bottom of the table form. Leaves you with 25 points if you maintain that form throughout the entire season.

Although in actuality we have 14 points out of our last 15 games. Watford win, Norwich win, Burnley win, Newcastle win and Man U and Brighton draws.

he meant last 5 games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I meant 10 points from the last possible 15 points. Not 15 games.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Amazing looking at the wins tally in the table, had to do a double take. We've actually won one more league game than Arsenal this season (7 to 6).

yeah that is quite odd really 😂. this league really is one helluva competition if we exclude the top two teams who are utterly dominating.

• Like 1