Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, supermon said:

I do feel as though we have one of the toughest remaining fixtures left, possibly West ham with the other. Really need to start taking points off the so called top 6 sides

Gladly we’ve improved our away form. A draw at Leicester and Brighton, win at Burnley. We now need to target away points more than home ones. If we win at Bournemouth, then I think we could just improve in our away games with our new setup. Home games are going to be tough, but also with our new setup I think we could have a result or couple against top teams.

So far we’ve win twice and lost one at home. Drawn one and won another since the beginning of the second round (ofcourse I’ve considered the game at Watford as a first round game). Thats 10 points out of 5. Good start considering the circumstances. 

Bournemouth, Southampton, Newcastle, Everton, Liverpool, Leicester, West Ham. 7 away games. I think we need atleast 8-10 points in that run.

I think Bournemouth game is really important, would make us need only one win, possibly 2 from the other 6.

25 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

You are correct and reflected by his team's persistence to double-up on Grealish to consistently foul him.

A win against Bournemouth please.

Still expect Burnley to be below us end of the season. 

Had Burnley not win against Leicester we would have been above them.

Same goes with Newcastle, their last minute win against Chelsea and miracle come back at Everton kept it 5 points between us. Crystal Palace are 5 points too. The league is really tough this season. We used to stay up with 10 wins, under Mcleish we stayed up with 7 wins. 

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

We are going to be the team that ruins Liverpool’s unbeaten season and I am going to love it.

I’m thinking of that since the beginning of the season but we missed it at VP. We usually had a good record at their place (even when we went down we gave them a game there). But they’re a different animal atm. Hopefully we surprise them at their place.

I think we should focus now on Leicester at home. Thats a huge game which might take us to a Wembley trip. 

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m thinking of that since the beginning of the season but we missed it at VP. We usually had a good record at their place (even when we went down we gave them a game there). But they’re a different animal atm. Hopefully we surprise them at their place.

I think we should focus now on Leicester at home. Thats a huge game which might take us to a Wembley trip. 

You mean “our annual Wembley trip.”

• Like 1

Bournemouth winning tonight is annoying but looking at the match stats, they only had 34% possession and Brighton had 21 shots (8 on target), their keeper Ramsdale was MOTM too which suggests they are still quite vulnerable. Huge game! 

Ps Newcastle can **** right off

Edited by Biskitt

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Well, now after we won last time, hopefully our bad luck ended there. I missed the last two trips there, been against Arsenal. Hopefully this season we make it there and I could have another chance there. And who knows, maybe the long waited trophy!

Just now, Biskitt said:

Bournemouth winning tonight is annoying but looking at the match stats, they only had 34% possession and Brighton had 21 shots (8 on target), their keeper Ramsdale was MOTM too which suggests they are still quite vulnerable. Huge game! 

I think their win is really good as that made Brighton back into it. We’ll have more confidence than them and with Samagoal hopefully that would help us.

They were due a win, so atleast it happened before us playing them. Watford were due a loss, glad it happened by us.

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

On the way back from the game earlier my 15yr old son mentioned that should we get to Wembley again it would be his 5th time over the last few years, i don't think I'd seen us at Wembley that many times over the last 30 or so years I've been going. 

Incredible when you think we've had a pretty shitty few years recently. 

Recently a lot of results in the other games being going against us when you wouldn't expect them to, Chelsea and Spurs being the main culprits it seems for dropping points against our rivals. Hopefully that changes tomorrow, could do with all three games ending in home wins. If Leicester were to lose they could find themselves suddenly in danger of dropping out of the top four come end of the season, United and Chelsea eight and five points behind but they're kind of teams capable of putting a run together and closing that gap, so hopefully Leicester are motivated to stop that from happening.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Recently a lot of results in the other games being going against us when you wouldn't expect them to, Chelsea and Spurs being the main culprits it seems for dropping points against our rivals. Hopefully that changes tomorrow, could do with all three games ending in home wins. If Leicester were to lose they could find themselves suddenly in danger of dropping out of the top four come end of the season, United and Chelsea eight and five points behind but they're kind of teams capable of putting a run together and closing that gap, so hopefully Leicester are motivated to stop that from happening.

I don't think Norwich losing is a good thing. A draw would be the best. They'll still play some of our other rivals so for them to have some hope would help them stopping those teams. It's West Ham and Burnley who we should be looking at them losing hopefully.

The good thing so far is that we're playing with character, so Man City aside, we hold a win at Burnley with losing 2 important players. Also doing that while coming back from a heavy win at Watford. Then we came back after being behind at Brighton, coming from a huge home loss against Man City. Now we came back from behind against a good Watford side. All without a striker. A good draw in between at Leicester.

If I wasn't a Villa fan, I wouldn't say that Villa is the one to drop. But us as fans will be worried until we're mathematically safe. We've seen a lot of bad performances. Our December games were pathetic, Watford game was the worst. It was were I thought we're in a real danger of relegation.

The fight in that game was brilliant. We conceded, I felt against the overall run of play, but we came out after half time and absolutely deserved that win. Those 3 points are absolute gold, especially as teams around us keep picking up points.

Just need to bring that 2nd half intensity every week and we'll stay up.

I've just done a predictor and Brighton have stayed up with 33 points, on goal difference with us 18th. I didn't like it. I'm currently on about four of these a day. I may need help.

Anyway, I think 37 will be enough. Three wins and three draws from our last fourteen games.

• Haha 1