Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

we're still joint last with Norwich on 45 goals against. if we can work on being harder to score against I think that we should be able to string a few draws together as well, which we haven't been able to do much.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For all the criticism we’ve had for throwing away leads. Imagine we threw away a 2-0 lead with 2 minutes to spare. 

that is such a crazy ouch it is unbelievable. must feel utterly deflating! and I hope it does. 😂

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

that is such a crazy ouch it is unbelievable. must feel utterly deflating! and I hope it does. 😂

This is also a team that has spent something like 500 million in the last 4-5 years, a lot of It ‘proven Premier League players’ and also have Ancelotti as manager. Crazy! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is also a team that has spent something like 500 million in the last 4-5 years, a lot of It ‘proven Premier League players’ and also have Ancelotti as manager. Crazy! 

yeah they really should be much higher than they are in the table with that considered. baffling.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

yeah they really should be much higher than they are in the table with that considered. baffling.

Just tells you you're entitled to nothing in this league really. No matter how much money you've spent, no matter what caliber of manager you have, no how good your players should be.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is also why when people quote our spending as showing we shouldn’t be scrapping in the bottom half it needs to be put into perspective.

• Like 1

Whilst tonight’s win is obviously a massive confidence boost, I think it also helps with recruitment. Psychologically to not be in the relegation zone and coming on the back of such a huge and dramatic win may just convince a potential signing to come and join us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is it just me or does Pearson come across as a horrible person? Maybe he is completely different away from press conferences but he just doesn’t seem very pleasant at all. 

You are correct and reflected by his team's persistence to double-up on Grealish to consistently foul him.

A win against Bournemouth please.

Still expect Burnley to be below us end of the season. 

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is it just me or does Pearson come across as a horrible person? Maybe he is completely different away from press conferences but he just doesn’t seem very pleasant at all. 

He’s a horrible man.

• Like 1