Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Draw would have been best, but if any team was to win then Watford winning is the better result, they've got Spurs at home next, so as long as they don't win that, then it will be in our own hands to go back above them when we play them at Villa Park in the following game, regardless of what happens against City and Brighton. Bournemouth have Norwich and Brighton next, and then they play us.

41 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Our losses to Southampton and Watford are suddenly not looking as bad as first thought. Our timing for playing them was incredibly unlucky.

Agreed, the loss to Bournemouth is though. We need wins from the games that we have remaining against the clubs that are around us. That's how Watford have come back from the dead. 

Edited by John

Think it's between Norwich, Bournemouth, Burnley, Newcastle and us for the drop.

If we don't get this transfer window right we are going down. And we will also be in huge financial trouble.

Edit: Forgot Brighton, although I think they will make it, just.

Edited by sne

38 minutes ago, sne said:

Think it's between Norwich, Bournemouth, Burnley, Newcastle and us for the drop.

If we don't get this transfer window right we are going down. And we will also be in huge financial trouble.

Norwich are down IMO. They look lost. 

The rest are nip and tuck. Newcastle have a habit of picking up vital points. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can't see us staying up.

We lack fight.

Current bottom 3 will go down i think. Bournemouth and Norwich both looks completely lost as well.

I don’t think we lack fight.

Its there. But it’s too sporadic.

after my rant post in Smith's thread I hope we stay up this season as point in the moment bottom 10 these teams (Clubs) are very close each other like 6-9 points between villa position from Bottom (20th to 11th) so we got plenty games to go and i believe to chance and wait and see what other club on transfer windows (bottom 10 so there maybe chance stay up if they buy players to fight stay up and we didn't sort that we are not good favour to stay up) Norwich, Bournemouth, Burnley, Newcastle, Brighton, Villa is possible go down if we not address our problem kiss good bye to premiership yet i believe we will survival this i am sure we will pick the rhythm in few next games and play 3-4-3 until

McGinn's return I am suspect that Smith might switch to 4-3-3 with McGinn + DM + Drinkwater will better what we has before it is might risk 

I still think best stay 3-4-3 and McGinn in centre of 4 will massive improvement maybe good partner with Luiz as they can push and close down in up the field will bring best result and better chance to score lots, better defend - but chester and engels might too slow to drop deep best answer might bring konsa and hause once mcginn return will make as sense and wise move in 3-4-3 

(hope Drinkwater better to be play well for rest of the season) so stop worry about this and stay in believe our clubs and will pull the mercy !

so I really hope that Smith change to this team against brighton (until Mcginn return) we back to 3-4-3 to we stay up as we does got chance if he won't change we might not stay up.

Reina (hope he join regard see us play today)

Engels
Chester
Mings 

Guilbert
XXXXX Drinkwater | Luiz | Lansbury | Houriance (new CM please)
XXXXX Marvellous | Luiz | Lansbury | Houriance (new CM Please)
Targett

El Ghazi | Trézéguet | (new Left Foot Inside Forward Please)  
New Striker if we not sign striker vs for brighton so play - Hogan | Archer | Youth Striker  
Grealish

I really hope we have new Striker by Brighton for our sake!

I don't meant to drop them on Konsa and Hause to swap to Engels and Chester because experience and style to block + clearing ball use experience to pass around play safe as they are safer playing beside mings and plus side Engels and Ming good understand each other and Chester is experience premiership and international (wales) will bring stable and solid defend and good header, height. (konsa is good header but need experience and better defend to lock and tight our defend)

let Targett and Fred to creative chance and attack forward (also they can track back also they good defend (beside Targett if on his good day we need him for attack forward rather defend better chance than taylor) - if they out pace by opponent these 3 back line will better organise to defend compare to Hause and Konsa)

Bench Konsa and Hause better than put taylor or elmo on bench as they can play centre half or Left | Right back

our second issues is Centre midfield are problem and hard to pick as luiz and marvellous is bad form at moment and Lansbury no got legs and Houriance is missing most of games only pop up when set piece which not good, who can take their roles? Clark? Doyle-Hoyle? Need Sign 2 Centre midfield to stay up ? is our transfer budget to afford buy 2 midfield but we need left inside forward and striker to stay up after no pace left inside forward and no very good striker available to use? 

Pray other club is running bad result and good running result for us (villa) from now to end of the season that what we need to stay up. 

A draw against Brighton might be enough to lift us out of relegation zone, if Spurs beat Watford, and Norwich get a result at home to Bournemouth. Although obviously it's a win that we could with, but goes to show that it's still a close call down the bottom, and we can't give up hope just because of today, as bad as and as unacceptable as it was, have to remember we've only just had two very good results away to Burnley and Leicester, and it's how we react to this diabolical lamentable despicable defeat that will define the rest of our season, not the defeat in of itself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

Don't really care about the results around us...  Need our players to focus on the only thing they can influence, our own results. 

That's funny you say that. I just watched a Nigel Pearson interview & thats what he said he told his players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Edit: Forgot Brighton, although I think they will make it, just.

I don't think we'll be in financial trouble if we go down. Grealish, Mings and Mcginn will leave for £120m+ for starters. Plus we'll have 3 more years of parachute payments. Fulham (I know) spent the same as us in the Premier League, came straight back down, haven't really sold anyone of note and have continued to spend in The Championship - and they aren't in any financial trouble.

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

4 points out of the next two games minimum. Lose one or both, then we’re gone I reckon.

Agreed, we're doomed if we don't get four points from the next two.

If we achieve that I think Burnley will be in the drop zone as they have difficult fixtures coming up.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Next 6 games for us and our main rivals (7 for West Ham). We definitely have the easiest of runs. Burnley and West Ham have horrible runs coming up. Could be an interesting period. So important we get some good signings in Jan. We could easily pull ourselves to near safety or be cut well adrift. 

1865943965_ScreenShot2020-01-13at00_03_52.thumb.png.2cf773097e7e5d3da7f68bf00a7242f1.png

• Thanks 2