Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

26 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Bournemouth look completely devoid of any creative talent.  When you look at their transfer activity you can see why. 19 million for Solanke and his one assist over 1200 league minutes.  15 million for Jordan Ibe.  Then you have David Brooks out for the season. They are in real trouble.  

Agreed, I think they and Norwich are going down then a few of us are scrapping to avoid the last spot.

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't be fooled though. No two ways about it - Klopp has been bankrolled - it gets less press coverage but Liverpool s expenditure is pretty close to that of Man City over the past 3 or 4 seasons.  - Sure they have been well coached (how hard can it be)

Without that massive expenditure on players - Liverpool would be also rans.

Liverpool spent heavy but you can still find bargain purchases any club could have made. Robertson was 8 million from Hull. Matip on a free and Gomez cost only a 3rd of what we paid for Konsa. 

City on the other hand is just huge purchase after huge purchase.  The only smart buy is maybe maybe Zinchenko who they got for roughly 2 million from shakhtar Donestek.  It's almost comical looking at their expenditures. Also, if KDB went for 80 million 2 years ago then Jack is easily 100 mil plus. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Can see Howe getting sacked after today's game. They're really shit. Players look like they've given up.

Bournemouth ground only take 11 K...

They really should be a League 2 club. There is no way Howe should be sacked.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Can see Howe getting sacked after today's game. They're really shit. Players look like they've given up.

He’s achieved so much for them. I know the business is ruthless, but I think he’s earned the right or try to turn it around. They also have lots of injuries. Obviously in our current position I hope he doesn’t turn it round!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Either that or start preparing for your championship promotion campaign. Watford's second goal was 8 Bournemouth players watching Deeney stroll up and crush a loose ball just bouncing in their own box. If that isn't the effort of a team who's given up then I don't know what is. 

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't be fooled though. No two ways about it - Klopp has been bankrolled - it gets less press coverage but Liverpool s expenditure is pretty close to that of Man City over the past 3 or 4 seasons.  - Sure they have been well coached (how hard can it be)

Without that massive expenditure on players - Liverpool would be also rans.

yes he has spent money, but he has turned that team in to something special and got every last drop out of his signings, since 2015 (when Klopp joined), spending is as follows (for comparison to other current top teams):

1) Man City - 887m sspent (602m net)

2) Man Utd - 702m spent (437m net)

3) Chelsea - 663m spent (111m net)

4) Liverpool - 514m spent (106m net)

5) Arsenal - 472m Spent (264m net)

6) Leicester - 404m spent (128m net)

So, Liverpool are the 4th biggest spender in the Prem over the last 5 years (2015 to present), but the lowest net spender of those 5 above, amazing what they have done as a team considering they spent  only roughly 40m more than Arsenal over that time.

Yes Liverpool have spent big, but they have a) bought well, and b) Klopp has got every last bit of ability out of them, personally i dislike Liverpool historically, but i have a lot of respect for what Klopp has achieved at Liverpool, they are an amazing side.

Add this to the comparison of what the other teams have spent, shows just how much money Man Utd & Chelsea have wasted or failed to get a tune from.

yes Liverpool "spent money", but the above alone proves they certainly didnt "buy success", they bought AND klopp used the money well, and got the team playing like champions, i reckon Klopp is the best manager in the world at the moment for me. (probably)

9 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

🤞

Let's hope this is just a good run for Watford, they get a few injuries then go on a ten game shit run. 

Bournemouth must be the richest club in the league. Got promoted just as the TV money went nuts and have spent sod all really. Haven't even had to pay any managers off