Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 beers and a new striker has reaffirmed my belief that we aren't going down. 

Disclaimer: This is subject to change, without warning at anytime over the next 4 weeks. 

On 15/01/2020 at 10:40, Rob182 said:

Same here. At the start of the season, the only two teams that I feared were Man City and Liverpool. Obviously, Leicester have become an unstoppable force again this season, so they're now unbeatable most weeks too. But every other team in the league has had poor and shaky spells, and Smith needs to set us up to win against all of them. Stranger things have happened.

We have taken Liverpool to 87 minutes leading at home......and played Leicester away to a draw.

The crucial thing is, its about us, not the opposition....we are obsessed with the opposition......its all about us.

We need to understand that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

West Ham and Burnley the key next few weeks.

Hopefully West Ham only take a point off Everton tomorrow (don't really like that Richarlison and Sigurdsson are out for them. Feels like a lazy Everton defeat like at Anfield), don't beat Brighton and lose v Liverpool twice and at Man. City.

Would leave them on 24 points by start of March.

Burnley's fixtures up to 22nd Feb are Leicester and Arsenal at home and Man. United away. Also got Southampton away who'll hopefully stay relatively inform. Can see Burnley grinding out a couple of draws but would still leave them on 26 points.

With what we have over next six games I think we need to be above both by start of March to have a serious shot of staying up. I also think Bournemouth will eventually get going again, they have Norwich and Brighton next, can see them winning one of those.

25 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Tottenham no doubt saving themselves to suddenly click into form against us.

We need to show some bottle against them. We were only a few minutes away from getting a draw down there on the first day and then Kane decided things.

They really are nothing special.

Right at the end of the Spurs game they came as close to scoring as you can get without scoring, just one more millimetre and it would have been over the line,, and we would be out of the bottom three now, by virtue of the fact that we've scored more goals than Watford.