Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I agree with you but who would you take? I honestly dont know

I always get laughed at but if he was willing i'd take Allardyce.

Would organize us. Make us hard to beat and imo would acquire enough scrappy wins to ensure survival.

The man is pretty old now so he would probably be ok with a short term project. 2 years to stabilize us.

• Haha 1

The thing that worries me is that of our four wins one came against a Brighton team that played half of the game with ten men, another came against a Norwich side that had nine players out injured including their first and second choice goalkeepers, if Norwich had have had all their players fit and had Brighton had eleven men we probably wouldn't have even won those games, we were just lucky that circumstances favoured us. We've also been lucky with Watford's unexpected bad start to the season, otherwise we'd be even further adrift from safety than we are now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

The thing that worries me is that of our four wins one came against a Brighton team that played half of the game with ten men, another came against a Norwich side that had nine players out injured including their first and second choice goalkeepers, if Norwich had have had all their players fit and had Brighton had eleven men we probably wouldn't have even won those games, we were just lucky that circumstances favoured us. We've also been lucky with Watford's unexpected bad start to the season, otherwise we'd be even further adrift from safety than we are now.

Was a last minute winner as well against Brighton, so lucky. Apart from the Norwich game I can't really think of a game where we dominated start to finish and deserved to win. Even the Everton game they had plenty of chances to get something from us. 

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Was a last minute winner as well against Brighton, so lucky. Apart from the Norwich game I can't really think of a game where we dominated start to finish and deserved to win. Even the Everton game they had plenty of chances to get something from us. 

Even Norwich had something like 20 shots i think.

If they were more clinical in the 1st half it could have been a different game.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Apart from Krul, all the Norwich players that played in October will be playing again on Boxing day. Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, Buendia, Cantwell and Pukki all started in October. Godfrey is actually out now so still won't be their first choice backline.

Yeah Brighton win was pretty lucky, certainly not disputing that one.

I am convinced a lot of clubs are losing on purpose to get villa relegated.

Watford concern me because I think they have some really good players and with some additions in January could escape relegation zone.

What has been shown this year is there is no really rubbish teams(except us as some on here might suggest)  and avoiding relegation is going to be major task.Southampton and Watford have been establised premier league teams for a number of years and have some good players.

We on the other hand finished 5th in championship last season ,yes we spent £130 million on 13 players .We didn’t have an established team and then spent heavily adding quality to it as other clubs have egWest Ham,Brighton or even Newcastle all these clubs have spent over 100 million over last 2 years.

One of our problems is when we were in the championship is we didn’t notice Premier league clubs were investiing in high quality players and managers.This league is much stronger than when we were relegated in 2016.I think it’s fair to say it’s the strongest league in the world..Some people at the start of the season looked at clubs like Burnley and Brighton and assumed we would beat them easily.We have found that to be a huge error.

We have underestimated the strength in depth of this league.As we saw in the European completions last year the top teams are the best in Europe.

Edited by Londonastonvilla
  • Like 1

I'm not saying anything anyone doesn't already know, but the thing about losing all your games home and away against the top sides is that it really doesn't give you any margin for error against the worst ones. If we don't beat Norwich, we'll be in massive trouble, because there just aren't many 'winnable' home games left.

If we don't beat Norwich, I will favour a managerial change, as clearly Smith does not have the werewithal to get results against top sides, and we'll need several of them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, supermon said:

Oh dear, it's getting pretty bleak at the bottom for us now. We have no form whatsoever. 

How is Steve Bruce 10 points clear of relegation?

Much better squad, and they can do the basics like pass to each other.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Much better squad, and they can do the basics like pass to each other.

Is it a better squad ? Or is it the simple system of 11 men behind the ball same as benitez played, + Bruce is good at arranging set pieces remeber the goals we used to score from corners and free kicks under him? 

Not wanting to be in danger of stating the absolute obvious but the remainder of this week is massive for us. Two wins absolutely transforms our season, whereas two defeats would be very difficult to recover from. What is certain is that we cannot afford to lose to another of our relegation rivals!

I really believe that the margins between finishing 10th or 20th in the league are pretty fine. Key injuries at key times can be catastrophic and yet we cannot control that, we can only hope that it falls in our favour more often than not.

One thing that we can control is the support that we provide. Lots of the players have recently commented on the positive effects that the VP support can have. The opposite is also true of course. For the past year or so the support has been immense. Let’s focus on being the 12th man tomorrow and helping the boys to start the turn around.

• Like 3

Think it will take major spending (or a couple big loans) and luck with the signings for us to stay up.

Not sure we have the worst squad in the league but we are currently the worst team.

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Think it will take major spending (or a couple big loans) and luck with the signings for us to stay up.

Not sure we have the worst squad in the league but we are currently the worst team.

I think our starting XI when fit is OK its when you get down from that we are weak, 2 or 3 quality additions and we be OK. a goalscorer for one is badly needed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think our starting XI when fit is OK its when you get down from that we are weak, 2 or 3 quality additions and we be OK. a goalscorer for one is badly needed

Yeah. A more consistent wide player, a reliable more dynamic attacker and possibly a CM is needed to stay up.

Ideally a back up LB as well but that's not as high a priority.