Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 minutes ago, useless said:

We've just won one in nine and are still only three ponts from safety.

That’s because the other teams were poor during this spell. Some are now finding form and getting results against the better sides. We have failed to do that all season.

We are a mess with no signs of improvement. We are going down unless big changes are made and quickly. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Only a few people on this site could see the warning signs weeks ago.

It's been in the walls for a while. We kept conceding 20+ shots in every game and people kept dismissing it.

No ones dismissing it. Most people realise that 17th is a major success and not some given right. 

That's the difference.

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

That’s the thing - we took 11 points from our first 9 despite having to bed in lots of new players. Since then we’ve taken 4 from 9. Any other team would have acted by now.

Ridiculous. 

The board need to do what needs to be done.

There are no signs of improvement. I suspect Smith lost the dressing room by quite a few of the players based on the lack of effort on the pitch.

Get in a new manager and we stand a fighting chance.

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

That’s the thing - we took 11 points from our first 9 despite having to bed in lots of new players. Since then we’ve taken 4 from 9. Any other team would have acted by now.

This , as a new team we are getting worse rather than getting better, no point playing ok against so called bigger teams then playing shit against teams round about us.

Just watching Watford makes me realise why we won’t stay up. I don’t see is having the players to dig in, work there socks off and  be hard to beat. At the moment we are not staying in games to even give ourselves a chance. Nothing irritates me more than Watching us allow teams to knock the ball around under no pressure. It’s amazing the mistakes players make when put under pressure and they get pressed into errors. Unless we up the work rate and intensity we have zero chance of stopping up.

I agree that something needs change and we need to improve fast, but all hope shouldn't be lost yet, need to keep fighting. In a strange way maybe dropping into the bottom three is what we needed just to wake a few up. Boxing day Watford are away to Sheffield United, Southampton are away to Chelsea, Brighton are away to Tottenham and we're at home to Norwich, a win would likely see us climb out of the bottom three, but that's easier said than done.

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The board need to do what needs to be done.

There are no signs of improvement. I suspect Smith lost the dressing room by quite a few of the players based on the lack of effort on the pitch.

Get in a new manager and we stand a fighting chance.

I agree with you but who would you take? I honestly dont know