Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 hours ago, useless said:

Just our luck that when we could do with Leicester doing us a favour and winning tomorrow they start to lose a bit of form, wouldn't be at all surprised if West Ham went and won that game. Looking at the fixtures I think the best case scenario for us would be if every away team won.

West Ham 3/1 to win, they also will likely have Roberto still in goal so would be amazed if they kept a clean sheet. Worst Leicester will do is draw.

Think West Ham will beat Bournemouth though, Pellegrini always seems to win his last chance games and that will be another.

Chris Hughton surely the obvious choice but then I thought he'd be a shoe in for Watford and that didn't happen.

Guess clubs only see him as short term option but he did build Brighton up to be premier league club which deserves respect and played decent attacking football at Newcastle.

7 minutes ago, villaluke said:

whats best result for us in Brighton v Bournemouth match draw? 

Bournemouth win. I think Brighton are playing a dangerous game - they get lots of plaudits but rarely get the points - they also lack options up front.

I am hoping they might go down for us.

We just need to take care of our own points. Other results are irrelevant at this stage so long as we are picking up points. We got 5 wins in the first half of the season. I think we need another 7 to be certain of staying up (possibly 6). That’s a win every 3 games. Starting to win away will be key to achieving that so 3points today would be a great start and we can definitely beat Watford. We need to be brave and go for it!

I was worried in the summer, we spent a fortune on players from inferior leagues. I got totally kicked around the play ground here for voicing my concern when everyone was giving each other high fives at our brilliant summer transfer window.

Proof in the pudding, too many players have 1) not gelled and 2) not stepped up to the required standard. 

We’re screwed for January now, nobody decent wants a relegation on their CV.

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was worried in the summer, we spent a fortune on players from inferior leagues. I got totally kicked around the play ground here for voicing my concern when everyone was giving each other high fives at our brilliant summer transfer window.

Proof in the pudding, too many players have 1) not gelled and 2) not stepped up to the required standard. 

We’re screwed for January now, nobody decent wants a relegation on their CV.

When you actually watch Wesley and Trezeguet play, you see two players who are barely footballers, lacking tactical awareness and the capability to do even the very basic stuff for their position. 

How on earth these players could be 'scouted' and deemed good enough for this level is beyond belief. If Smith has to stay because we won't get rid of him then I certainly see in Suso and the other recruitment staff an area which has to be wholesale replaced.

• Like 1

At this point I don't think it much matters what anyone else does, as we're just not good enough to do our part, the way we're going I'd be surprised if we finished with much more than thirty points. That I said I will of course be hoping that Leicester can win this evening, but just to add to an already disastrous day that probably won't happen.

• Like 2