Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 minutes ago, grobs said:

What quality loan players will be out there in January? 

Same as in any January window, arguably more with Euro 2020 coming up.

Don't know your previous posts to see if you rate Batsuyhai or not but Palace got him on loan last January and don't see why he wouldn't push for another wanting to get into Belgium squad.

Even with his flaws he's a far better scoring threat at this level than Wesley.

I'm still confident of finishing above Norwich and Watford. Norwich home form in last three months has gone right down the pan.

Ultimately though you don't stay up finishing just above two teams and the danger is everyone above us will continue picking up points so the gap to 17th will grow.

Today was very sober watch.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'm still confident of finishing above Norwich and Watford. Norwich home form in last three months has gone right down the pan.

Ultimately though you don't stay up finishing just above two teams and the danger is everyone above us will continue picking up points so the gap to 17th will grow.

Today was very sober watch.

To be honest, I'm not only worried because of who'll be below us. I'm worried because of how bad we've been playing. Since Leicester actually. We've declined. Thats for sure. Our last three games were like the one against Wolves, actually Wolves we didn't have Jack and around 5 players so it was acceptable. But now it's getting too bad.

I was never sure that we'll beat Southampton. Since their games against Leicester, they've been grinding results and hard to play. It's the way they battered us.

I didn't open Villatalk since the game, I didn't want to write anything, I was gutted.

We're used to losing, but the worry is we're getting battered by midtable and even relegation teams. It would have easily been 5 or 6! I'm not sure what's the problem.

I'm also surrendering everytime I see Wesley. Enough is enough. I'm not the kind of person who panic or even write off players. Maybe some used to read my posts, and know that I'm one of the most optimistic people here. I've had faith that we might go up even when it was bad last season. I still think the man who changed it last season can change it now. But it starting to get really worrying. We need to grind results. We still have three important games. Escpecially next two are really important. I'm not sure how we'll play Norwich. Not sure when Mings or McGinn back. Not sure about anything. We just need to go into January with atleast 20+ points. We could then add Batshuayi or whoever, with hopefully Jarrod Bowen, and see how it goes.

I think we’ll go down. Yesterday was very concerning easily one of the worst teams in the league and it reminded of the team that got relegated. Can’t keep leaking goals like this all the time and we still look really blunt upfront. I think Dean Smith is out of his depth at this level too. Relegation will happy and probably confirmed well in advance before end of the season; will be adrift by some margin.

16 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think we’ll go down. Yesterday was very concerning easily one of the worst teams in the league and it reminded of the team that got relegated. Can’t keep leaking goals like this all the time and we still look really blunt upfront. I think Dean Smith is out of his depth at this level too. Relegation will happy and probably confirmed well in advance before end of the season; will be adrift by some margin.

We might go down but if he was so out of his depth and relegation be confirmed in advance then we would be bottom at this stage of the season and about 10 points from safety.

When we went down in 2016 we had 7 points at this stage of the season and were 10 points adrrift from safety. That is relegation way in advance form

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We can play better than this - so I'm still hoping we've enough to scrape in. 

Watford beat us imo. They will be up for it and we will just stroll about like usual. 

Maybe its just my pessimistic nature, but the vast majority of the time I've watched other teams play in other games they look so much better than us right now. Watford right now doing some great plays, moving around the ball with flair and confusing the United defence, something I haven't seen us do in such a long time. The only player who seems capable of doing that for us seems to be Grealish who generally has to do all the tricky stuff himself whilst the other players are far more direct and simple(aside from El Ghazi). I remember the commentator in a previous game mentioning how they have a lot of creators, and I have to agree.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

We’re definitely lacking intensity which was often a problem under Bruce. Having Mings and Mcginn out of the side is massive to be honest. I’m trying not to be too despondent but it’s hard to see too many positives at the moment.

That being said, win the next two games and all is well in the world so let’s see how it pans  out.

• Like 2

I was always worried having Watford as one of the teams below us, like Everton have done there's always been a danger they could suddenly find some of the form they showed last season and climb out of trouble, they played well last weekend against Liverpool and were in the game right until the very end and are holding United today which is going to give them hope. Including today three of their next four games are at home. Could do with them losing a few on the bounce just to knock their belief a bit.

Edited by useless

Play off winners nearly alwys struggle, they have the least preparation of any team in the league

Not sure whats more baffling, that our squad last season would have competed in this league or that some fans expected us to be comfortably safe by christmas