Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Ancelotti agrees deal with Everton so it's safe to rule Everton out of any relegation battle now.

They were never going down either way but nice marquee appointment for them

5 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

And out of those 8 times that we hit the post,how many of those times was Wesley the player that hit the post ? My guess is zero.

Well you'd be right. 

Grealish has 1

El Ghazi has 2

Trezeguet has 1

Hourihane has 1

Not sure who has the remaining 3.

Edit: Removed Elmo. The 1 he had actually came from a prior season.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Well you'd be right. 

Grealish has 1

El Ghazi has 2

Trezeguet has 1

Hourihane has 1

Elmo has 1

Not sure who has the remaining 2. 

Im sure Wesley hit the outside of the post vs somebody

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Im sure Wesley hit the outside of the post vs somebody

Well if it did happen, understat doesn't list it unfortunately.

Edit: Actually, understat lists the total amount of shots on post as well and it puts us at 5. That's odd, considering I believe I've counted more than that individually from their own site.

Edit 2: Oh I see the issue. Elmo's shot on the post came at a prior season. So yeah, it should be 5 just for this season.

A possible explanation for the different numbers is that understat doesn't count shots that hit the post and then entered the goal. It just considers that as a goal. Although I'm struggling to think of a goal we've had this season that hit the post and went in.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I do think the relegation battle will be a 4 horse race.

- Norwich

- Soton

- Watford

- Villa

Someone else will drop into the group. Last season Brighton were about 10th on 25 points at end of January and then won about two games in the run in and were very close to going down in the end.

I'd say it will balance out for Newcastle and they'll drop back into the group over the next 10 games. Not saying they'll be bottom 3 but can see them being in the shake up in last few weeks.

Last two weeks we've been very lucky not to drop into bottom 3. Now we're not just in 18th but 3 points adrift.

Very worrying if Southampton sort out their home form as above it dosen't really like there's an obvious team who'll drop. Everton are reguarly picking up points now and that will surely continue with Ancelotti. Likes of Burnley, Newcastle and Palace already at 25 points and can shake off winless runs by grinding out wins.

Only obvious one to me is Bournemouth and they beat Chelsea away just las week.

I'm still confident we'll finish above Norwich and Watford but that dosen't keep you up.

Today's result comes as no great surprise to me, people have been too dismissive of this run of bad form we've been on, with the excuse being the difficulty of the opposition but six losses out of eight and one win shouldn't be acceptable regardless of who we're playing, I doubt any other club in the league will have worse set of results from the same fixtures, but for some strange reason a lot of our fans seem to think it's okay to lose to teams as long as they're not near the bottom of the table, well us not being able to beat any of the better teams has come back to haunt us, as like I said we aren't just going to conveniently beat our relegation rivals as it suits us, you need wins from a wide range of fixtures.

For the first time this season I've fully accepted we're very likely to go down. Worrying thing is we're just getting worse and worse. I don't understand what's happening because we certainly weren't this poor at the start of the season. 

To get absolutely smashed by Southampton today is gutting. Struggle to see where we go from here. 

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

For the first time this season I've fully accepted we're very likely to go down. Worrying thing is we're just getting worse and worse. I don't understand what's happening because we certainly weren't this poor at the start of the season. 

To get absolutely smashed by Southampton today is gutting. Struggle to see where we go from here. 

I started to accept it when i realized Wesley will play every week.

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Couldn't agree more, Only glimmer for me is we looked better with 2 strikers and if we competed more, won the occasional battle and cut out the suicide passes we might have a chance but Dean has got to fire something extra from here on in

16 minutes ago, useless said:

Today's result comes as no great surprise to me, people have been too dismissive of this run of bad form we've been on, with the excuse being the difficulty of the opposition but six losses out of eight and one win shouldn't be acceptable regardless of who we're playing, I doubt any other club in the league will have worse set of results from the same fixtures, but for some strange reason a lot of our fans seem to think it's okay to lose to teams as long as they're not near the bottom of the table, well us not being able to beat any of the better teams has come back to haunt us, as like I said we aren't just going to conveniently beat our relegation rivals as it suits us, you need wins from a wide range of fixtures.

We got **** over by the fixtures. They sapped our confidence and has made it so our last few performances have been dismal. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

We got **** over by the fixtures. They sapped our confidence and has made it so our last few performances have been dismal. 

That's no excuse.

Saints lost 0-9 to Leicester at home and managed to regroup and keep fighting.

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That's no excuse.

Saints lost 0-9 to Leicester at home and managed to regroup and keep fighting.

Newcastle also lost 5-0 to Leicester and they've had loads of good results since. Since we beat them comfortably they've picked up 10 points. Just the one for us.

It's been like that for years at this level. Lambert seasons would have the odd good run when we started to look half decent then we've be trashed in a game and go into a 3 month winless run.

Last good mentality we had was in the MON years and even that had a long winless run in all his seasons. Still until we get that again running through the squad we simply won't do more than making up the numbers at this level.

In the early reign of MON we signed likes of Petrov and Carew so desperately need that sort of standard of signing next month.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Vardy's story is amazing. Can't believe how good he is. Watching him makes you realise we don't play with a striker. 

To me he's the best one on one finisher in the league. Never expect him to miss when he's through on the keeper.