Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Time for us to stop dossing about and go and do our business now!

We have gotten so many let offs and results our way our luck could run out soon if we don't start taking advantage.

Win against Southampton would be huge. Drags them closer and we get in touching distance of teams like Palace and Newcastle. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Win against Southampton would be huge. Drags them closer and we get in touching distance of teams like Palace and Newcastle. 

Problem is I am going and my previous aways this season have been Crystal Palace and Chelsea. I'm not bringing much luck away from home. 

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It won't.

We need four wins. Perhaps 3 wins and three draws could just get us over the line.

I was thinking about it earlier:

Wins:

Saints this weekend

United (H)

Newcastle (A)

Draws:

Sheffield United (H)

Palace (H)

Arsenal (H)

Might come down to West Ham on the last day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Beat Southampton and Brighton and Bournemouth lose and we'd be 15th. Crazy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I was thinking about it earlier:

Wins:

Saints this weekend

United (H)

Newcastle (A)

Draws:

Sheffield United (H)

Palace (H)

Arsenal (H)

Might come down to West Ham on the last day.

As patchy as they are can't see us beating manure, and we are dog shit on the road. Maybe a win against Southampton, then a win at home to CP. Apart from that really struggling to see where any other wins are going to come from. 

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Problem is I am going and my previous aways this season have been Crystal Palace and Chelsea. I'm not bringing much luck away from home. 

Give us your ticket then mate. Haha. Speaking to a saints fan at work just now he said they are terrible at home and he’s expecting to lose. I think the quicker we can get some points on the board the better, I don’t fancy say needing to win against Man U who just come back into form, we always seem to play teams at the worst time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Win will be massive. Very winnable, especially as Redmond is out. We’d move within 3 points of them, dragging them back into it, which will get them fired up to go get something at West Ham the week after. Win-Win

I always feel like Redmond does well against us, so this is a big positive.

36 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Win will be massive. Very winnable, especially as Redmond is out. We’d move within 3 points of them, dragging them back into it, which will get them fired up to go get something at West Ham the week after. Win-Win

Ah you make it sound so easy... you obviously haven’t supported Villa for very long.

• Like 1

West Ham have a very "easy" end to the season with 5/6 games against relegation rivals.

Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, United and Us.

They will be confident of winning at least 3 of those, bringing it to the last game of the season against us. 

For me, Saturday is a must win.

19 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

West Ham have a very "easy" end to the season with 5/6 games against relegation rivals.

Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford, United and Us.

They will be confident of winning at least 3 of those, bringing it to the last game of the season against us. 

For me, Saturday is a must win.

The more I think about fixtures the more I get worried. I think the best thing is to take it one at a time and hope all results goes our way. Still 12 games to be played. We can’t write Leicester (who we drew at their place and won at ours in the last two games we played them). We can’t write Dingles nor Sheff Utd too. We play both at home plus Palace. With the right approach we could get 5-9 points out of those 3. Still a lot to go. We still play Newcastle too, I’d prefer them to lose to Palace as they’re much worse, and if they go in a bad form they could struggle for points for a while. Them and Southampton have a similar GD to us. So if we beat both we could capitalize on that. 

Still a lot of 6 pointers coming up, the shape is changing every now and then. I think we’ll need Norwich to gear up a bit. They’ll have a huge fixtures with our other rivals, and they need to be up to it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I can safely say that I have never seen a team finish a match with an xG as low as 0.09. It was a performance so lifeless it's almost impressive.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 8.25.38 PM.png

City could have and should have won by a lot more. Would have helped us in terms of goals difference. Jesus should have had a hatrick.