Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

35pts would've kept you up last 3 seasons. Are you factoring in teams being on the beach in your results?

Also left out Southampton A and Wolves H. Assume 2nd Leicester is Liverpool who may have title wrapped up

Do you honestly think it'll matter if Liverpool have already won the title? We'll be lucky to cross the halfway line with anything else than a clearance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s true.  I know I’m just being dramatic. It’s just a game right?

Is being in top flight that much better than the championship though? I really enjoyed last season. 

Championship is only good when you're competiting in it. 16/17 was much worse than this season.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Newcastle (W)

Sheffield (L)

Palace (W)

Wolves (L)

United (L)

Everton (L)

Whats sad is if we perform as we did yesterday (Minus the clangers plus Mings) we could very well win 4 - 5 of those matches.

The problem is, there is hardly any "minus the clangers".

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Do you honestly think it'll matter if Liverpool have already won the title? We'll be lucky to cross the halfway line with anything else than a clearance.

If Champions League in between then Klopp will have no issue throwing games like he did in the cup

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Actually the one summer I felt sorry for Lambert, not backed when we were in reasonable position of strength.

Lambert ......luck ran out when Benteke was injured. He came back from injury as Lambert got sacked. Sherwood then benefitted from Bemteke finding form.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If Champions League in between then Klopp will have no issue throwing games like he did in the cup

Yeah well if we get to play their U10s again, I suppose we could win. Their "b-team" however, will handily beat us.

Klopp is going to want an unbeaten season and a record points total. He's not going to throw the game against us, or anybody else for that matter.

It would probably be good if they lost before they play us, since it would remove one of those motivations, but there's a 99% likelihood we lose that game. We still have to go into it trying though.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool will break the 49 Arsenal unbeaten record in our game I think so they'll be up for it I reckon.

In any case our tactics will be to just sit on the 18 yard box just like Man. City so one I've written off.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Liverpool will break the 49 Arsenal unbeaten record in our game I think so they'll be up for it I reckon.

In any case our tactics will be to just sit on the 18 yard box just like Man. City so one I've written off.

Did you watch the game we played against them this season and lost in similar fashion to yesterday?

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did you watch the game we played against them this season and lost in similar fashion to yesterday?

Liverpool rarely blow teams away from home, they can certainly do that at Anfield.

Southampton did well there for 45 minutes. Still lost 4-0. Liverpool last dropped points at Anfield in January 2019.

I'd prefer to concentrate on picking up points at Southampton, Newcastle, Everton and probably West Ham.

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

I have us picking up 4 more points for this season. Has anyone ever survived on 29 points? 

I found this interesting... 

pic.jpg.885ffdc2e8062ba7888a079d82c2956e.jpg

Us, Newcastle and Norwich, damning , if the trend continues, don't be surprised if these are the actual 3 to go down.

It's not impossible that we could lose again on Saturday and still find ourselves outside the relegation zone, as Watford play Man Utd away and West Ham play Man City and then Liverpool both away. Brighton are also away to Sheffield United, and Bournemouth away to Burnley, and Palace and Newcastle play each other so at least one of them will drop points. Would be a good time to beat Southampton.

• Like 2

In a closed thread I had this, which means we will be one point behind if we beat Southampton away. 

i also have us beating Sheffield which means we would need back to back wins, taking us to 31 points with 10 to play. 

unfortunately I cannot see us having a run unless we can match the right performance with the opposition. 

Let’s turn up against Southampton and Sheffield and not Liverpool and Leicester and still lose 

Bournemouth - Win

spurs - loss

southampton - draw

Sheffield - win

Leicester - loss

Chelsea - loss

newcastle - draw

wolves - win

liverpool - loss

united - draw

palace - win

Everton - win