Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/19 at 22:59

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Does anybody seriously think that Bielsa would have made that 'sporting gesture' if had been a playoff game? No, me neither. 

Or if they still had a chance for automatic promotion?  Or if we didn't get a bullcrap red card from that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

El Ghazi out for 3 games, Steer, Mings and Kodjia all potentially injured, and McGinn with another yellow.

Really couldn't have gone much worse for a dead rubber.

Respect to Bielsea but Klich, Bamford and Jansson, absolute f****** *****

Not that bad. Red will get rescinded, McGinn’s yellow doesn’t matter as long as he doesn’t play the next game, mings and steer hopefully just knocks. 

Kodjia is the only real concern I reckon

Edited by Stevo985

Entertaining game. We looked pretty comfortable whilst Leeds were kicking and fouling all over the place. Then they showed their true colours and it was a case of hanging on from then. 

We can walk away from that one with heads up and confidence IMO. 

• Like 2

Don't know why Smith just didn't put out a second string and rested our best players. That was one stressful game to watch! We defended well but I hope it hasn't taken a toll on our players both physically and emotionally.

Up until it unravelled into farce, we looked well capable of turning them over at their place. The red card will be rescinded, the assistant mimed an elbow in the face and pointed to El Ghazi and that was it. Shame El Ghazi's elbow was further away from the target than a Tonev effort for the assistant then really, the clearing in the woods.

Bielsa, touch of class righty letting us go and score, farcical moment number two is then the defender not wanting to give it away and briefly playing 1 v 11 against us. I can only imagine the scenes had his clearance connected!

Shame our run comes to end like this, could have continued today really. I expect dome resting of players now against Norwich at the very least to give some minutes to fringe players to get them up to speed.

I never want to see Jedinak trying sombreros as our center forward ever again ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Not that bad. Red will get rescinded, McGinn’s yellow doesn’t matter as long Asmara he doesn’t play the next game, mings and steer hopefully just knocks. 

Kodjia is the only real concern I reckon

who is Asmara? Is he a youth prospect?

Â