Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/19 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

But it’s not about “concluding”, it’s about what he has actually seen and as he didn’t elbow him in the nose as he gestured to the ref he has had a player sent off for something that didn’t happen and could not therefore be seen

If you can't see my point at this stage we'll have to just leave it 👍

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Phillips really does want a smack in the mouth for that. The more you see it, the more you can see it's him thinking he's clever.

I hope he does his ACL getting out of the bath.

Yeah it's filth, he does basically tell the villa players around him that it's going out, then slips the through ball through like he's the smartest of the smartarses.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It doesn't help that Klit was also offside for the goal apparently. 

Thought that immediately when he receives it he's a couple of yards off, not sure when the ball gets played. Great day all round for the assistant if he was off when the genius pops the bal through.

Connor Hourihane was fantastic in his reaction to the leeds goal. I've always thought he didn't really give a shit but that was tremendous.

I thought we were very comfortable today and we could of nicked it Kodjia has had a few sniffs and was getting nearer. We were easily the better side in the first half.

2nd Leeds pushed up the pitch and smith didn't take action. but we still looked like we could do something.

Very suprised that bielsa ordered his side to conceed. That derby training ground incident must have rattled him? or does he have links to spread betting gangs in china?

I would have thought Sky Sports would want the title race to go down to the wire?

I would have been pissed off if Villa manager did that and it cost us automatic promotion to the premier league.

• Like 3

Just chatted with a buddy of mine who is a Leeds fan but who wasn't able to see the game.

Word on the Leeds forums is that Grealish is a diving cheat apparently :D

Showed him the goal and all the brouhaha and he said it was the most bonkers thing he ever seen.

Just now, CharlieAitken59 said:

Try not to kill him as you'll miss the play-offs!

Do it.

They show the football in prisons these days.

Prison aint what is used to be

Edited by Thug
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My Leeds-supporting son-in-law is coming round this afternoon. Words may be exchanged. 

he could say he'd cheated on her, or slept with a horse, but there is no reason to def him off more than what you just said. 

12 minutes ago, thunderball said:

But it’s not about “concluding”, it’s about what he has actually seen and as he didn’t elbow him in the nose as he gestured to the ref he has had a player sent off for something that didn’t happen and could not therefore be seen

Harsh on the linesman that. He probably thought he did see him elbow him in the face, as a lot of us would at full speed.

The lino isn’t the one at fault here. It’s the cheating player, who has tried to con the referees and succeeded.

• Like 2

In fairness, we struggled to get any rhythm due to Leeds man-marking and pressing tactics, but Leeds looked a bit toothless and we defended well. 

I feel Grealish plays better with Whelan at the moment, and Kodjia hasn’t seemed to have adjusted to our system and looks a misfit, Davis would have fared better, but I expected Kodj to offer a lot more threat today than he did (which was none).

if we face them at Wembley it will be very tough unless we bring our A-game, unlike last May. I also want Grealish to step up and prove his doubters wrong, one thing for certain, he is now Leeds pantomime villain. Incidentally, what’s all the fuss about Hernandez, he looked ordinary, he also looks like my cousin who is serving 6 concurrent life sentences.

I've been a big supporter of Kodjia, but I have to admit, we're toothless with him up top.

It's like a  whole dimension to our game goes missing.

Tammy has his flaws but he brings so much to the team.

• Like 1

Â