Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/19 at 22:59

Taking away all the dirty play, Leeds are a far, far better side than Derby. Unless their heads have gone completely, can't see anything but a comfortable win over two legs. I guess spygate might add to the spice. 

The less said about what would happen if they play Boro, the better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's not just putting the ball out of play or not putting the ball out of play though is it?

We were playing to the whistle until Phillips (?) slowed the ball down, walked toward the sideline with it and looked for all the world like he was putting it out of play - he stopped everyone on the field - it's one thing not putting the ball out of play, you'd expect your team to play on in that instance, but when you're fooled by a player deliberately faking putting the ball out of play in oder to gain an advantage, then I'm not sure it's something you can prepare properly for.

Yeah.. but... the point is PLAY TO THE WHISTLE.

Doesn't matter if Phillips stops and take a dump on the half way line.

The whistle hadn't gone yet.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The though it was linesman who instructed the red not the ref. I thought he was k and stood strong to all the dirty Leeds fans moanong

The poll is clearly for "refereeing performance", not just the referee.

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Disgracefully refereed and Leeds played up to it.

They were sent out in the first half with the instruction to kick us - they had two booked and it should have been five. The crowd blame Grealish and the atmosphere gets up - the ref's lack of control allows things to reach a point in the second half where Phillips decides that faking putting the ball out of play for an injury is acceptable - it's not and fair play to their manager for having the dignity to give the goal back.

This exactly. Fair play to Bielsa for the decision to "give the goal" but he clearly instructed his players to take out Grealish at any opportunity and his behaviour on the sidelines up to that point had been an absolute disgrace, along with all his players.

Given we had put the ball out for an injury to one of their players when we were deep in attack just minutes earlier, their refusal to do so for us was even more disgraceful.

I cannot fathom El Ghazi not getting his card rescinded and Bamford receiving some sort of punishment. A couple of matches would do nicely.

And hopefully that cowardly dive to get a player sent off will be the defining image of his career.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

Stamped on his head 😅

Here's the clip:

All I'm saying is, at full speed, it's hard to blame the linesman for concluding there was an elbow to the face.

But it’s not about “concluding”, it’s about what he has actually seen and as he didn’t elbow him in the nose as he gestured to the ref he has had a player sent off for something that didn’t happen and could not therefore be seen

• Like 1

Probably the most bizarre game I've seen. I voted Mings MOTM but him and Tuanzebe joint effort for me, they were absolutely outstanding. 

Fair play to Bielsa for how he reacted to his sides goal, can't say the same for some of the Leeds players however. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Enda said:

Stamped on his head 😅

Here's the clip:

All I'm saying is, at full speed, it's hard to blame the linesman for concluding there was an elbow to the face.

What an absolute mincer.  If one of my team mates did that and I saw it, he'd get a proper broken jaw.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Phillips really does want a smack in the mouth for that. The more you see it, the more you can see it's him thinking he's clever.

I hope he does his ACL getting out of the bath.

Not only Phillips, Klich is demanding the ball right away and is the only player still playing when he smashes it in, he knew what he was doing as his 'celebration' insinuated.

Jansson was out of order for trying to stop the goal; However its the lovely Bamford thats the real winner here! By all rights he should receive a retroactive red card himself for that; I thought that was the idea this season to try and stop blatant cheating?

The most laughable thing is they will try and claim the moral high ground here!

Fair play Bielsa, though; Took a lot of the heat out of the situation by doing what he did.

Shame it seems like the job of teaching morals to your team seems an impossible task!

Edited by Nigel

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

My boss who is old commented on Leeds the other day, from a historical perspective, and said they were dirty. Funny how clubs stay what they are. 

Revie's team made this lot look like Corinthians. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So proud of the lads today against a fouling cheating Leeds team and a clueless referee. With 10 men and an injured keeper that was like a win and gives us a massive pyschological advantage over Leeds should we end up playing them at Wembley. Absolutely no doubt that El Ghazi's red card will be rescinded so we should go into the play offs with a virtually fully fit squad.

Â