Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/19 at 22:59

Forgetting what happened, McGinn survived what could have been a red, El Ghazi will be rescinded, and we got the point we need to make 5th. Bielsa is cool - his players are not. It's a good day - and we have the moral high ground - whatever that is actually worth when this ends. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's Leeds fans vs everyone on Reddit right now.  Some quality entertainment over there.  Everyone got to see what scumbags that club is again.  Some of their justifications...

"Villa players did nothing but dive all first half"

"It's not our fault the Villa players didn't play until the whistle"

"Kodja dove in the penalty box 5 minutes before that and the players just thought he was diving again"

"Jansson didn't hear Bielsa's message" - LOL

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I may be in the minority here, but we only got ourselves to blame for that nonsense.

You play to the referees whistle, and the referee stops the game for head injuries, so we should have just played on when we had the ball with Andre Green then we wouldn't be in a position to politely request Leeds to put it out because we did for them..

Hope we have learned from this and just play on in future. 

In a way yes but we did for them so that’s abit irrelevant 

6 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

How shite have the refs been this season? Going back to Chester's red, hand of Rod, Mings red, El Ghazi red, many more that I can't think of off the top of my head. If we do go up, the best thing will be not having to put up with these shite refs. 

JS116997369_REUTERS_Referee-Mike-Dean-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

Hiyee!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's not just putting the ball out of play or not putting the ball out of play though is it?

We were playing to the whistle until Phillips (?) slowed the ball down, walked toward the sideline with it and looked for all the world like he was putting it out of play - he stopped everyone on the field - it's one thing not putting the ball out of play, you'd expect your team to play on in that instance, but when you're fooled by a player deliberately faking putting the ball out of play in oder to gain an advantage, then I'm not sure it's something you can prepare properly for.

I was watching it with a Leeds fan who was saying that is how Phillips plays. Wither way we should have been more switched on. I need to see it again.

edit: fantastic battling performance. I love the spirit!! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Klich, Roberts, Bamford, Jansson, the ref and that **** linesman.

what a bunch of rocket polishers.

yes they should play to the whistle, obviously. The fact that roberts prentended to stop play is the issue.

Just now, Enda said:

He was fooled by Bamford. Obviously the linesman was incorrect, but I blame Bamford 100 times more than the linesman.

No, I get that... But he told the ref something that he really DIDN'T see.  

What he should have said is "I dunno, the tall guy fell over.  I didn't see anything other than that."

But he called the ref over and said "Yeah I saw him elbow the other guy in the face 16 times and then stamp on his head another 5 times".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

It's Leeds fans vs everyone on Reddit right now.  Some quality entertainment over there.  Everyone got to see what scumbags that club is again.  Some of their justifications...

"Villa players did nothing but dive all first half"

"It's not our fault the Villa players didn't play until the whistle"

"Kodja dove in the penalty box 5 minutes before that and the players just thought he was diving again"

"Jansson didn't hear Bielsa's message" - LOL

DM me a link? 

Looking past all the nonsense today Leeds were the best team we have played in ages. I’ve seen a bit of Sheff Utd and they are not as good as Leeds imo.

If we get to the final and play them again it could be epic.

Thought Grealish was very quiet and Kodjias lazy style of play did us no favors today, shame there was no Tammy. Defence were epic and in reality kept a clean sheet after quite a lot of Leeds pressure, the back 4 were my positives today.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

Â