Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/19 at 22:59

On 29/04/2019 at 18:20, Davkaus said:

I've seen a lot of very angry posts about the assistant ref suggesting the red, but I agree with this 100%

Some have said "he didn't clearly see it, he can't give the red", and on the face of it, this seems compelling.

However, can you imagine the absolute fury if one of ours took a punch, or an elbow, or a kick, with a player's body slightly obscuring it, and the ref didn't give it because while he saw the punch/elbow/kick, he didn't 100% see the contact? If there's a swing, and a player hits the deck, you may well need freeze-frames to actually be 100% on the contact.

It was a little naive to let his arm swing like that, but I give 100% of the blame to the player who hit the deck.

What you're suggesting is entirely different to what happened.  At no point, from any angle, were el ghazis arms raised to even remotely close to bamfords face.  Even from the replay behind the goal and the very far panned out angle, it is plainly clear his arms were not raised.

Hard to hit someone in the face when your arm is level with their ribcage.

On 29/04/2019 at 18:37, Cjay said:

He bloody did😂

And i know what your point was, players are far to protected these days imo.

But at least it keeps there hair in place😍 (i had hair like Jacks years ago).

So you're ok with cheating because it meets your view off the world, regardless of what the rules say?

Can't imagine why people call Leeds fans dirty cheats then...

On 28/04/2019 at 19:22, TRO said:

Eden Hazard?

It is frustrating Terry, but making an observation not a criticism, some think he is being a bit theatrical at times.

I think some of the fouls can be avoided by moving/releasing the ball quicker and looking for the return as opposed to a free kick.

I think we had a mixed bag today.....Defence great.... midfield and forwards surrendered the initiative for me.

Teams like Leeds ,Norwich and Sheff Utd and Brentford at times, have players who move the ball quickly and battle for the ball, usually keeping it as opposed to losing it easily....We can get overrun by such teams at times.

We still have to play Norwich, but Albion-Leeds-Sheff Utd have all taken 4 points from us, not conceding the double granted.....but there is a reason why they have done that. I don't think they are better technically, but I think they have a better work ethic and move the ball quicker they play  with high intensity and urgency.....not all our players are guilty, but we have a few and at this level its a few too many.

If we want to win these play offs we have to be at it work wise and stop giving the ball away cheaply.....We lost against Fulham by surrendering the initiative and subsequently possession and by the time we got interested it was too late.

We can't afford to do that again.

Ps We had better and more clear cut chances today, more clinical and we would have won it....but possession let us down.

On 30/04/2019 at 16:53, TRO said:

I agree....but the Ref was weak and allowed it.

It was clear to me ( 69% V 31% possession) We had "getting injured" on our minds......under normal circumstances this team of ours would not concede that much possession...I agree with you after Wigan and Brentford, their desperation was growing and gradually getting out of control.

I think SJM was sucked in to his yellow as he spent most of the game trying to avoid it, it wasn't his natural game.

I have no idea, what will happen at Wembley.....we may not even meet.

• 2 weeks later...
Â