Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

.......are we going for a striker or what?

You would think so. Wesley is great, one of those new fancy forwards who plays a bit deeper with great hold up and distribution, thats good and will help our goals from wide and midfield. But I would feel better with a high quality finisher in the squad as well. Thats a different kind of threat and its always nice to have options.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Wanted to check teletext for the Villa score. 

Thought Cash was better on the right side, scored a cracker. The Forrest goalkeeper had a nightmare.

• Like 1

Good question, I’m probably in the minority that doesn’t want us to sign them, I mean I don’t think I can ever forgive them for selling us Hogan, it’s like buying a car from a dodgy second hand car dealer and it being an absolute dog then going back there to buy another one. 

3 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Good question, I’m probably in the minority that doesn’t want us to sign them, I mean I don’t think I can ever forgive them for selling us Hogan, it’s like buying a car from a dodgy second hand car dealer and it being an absolute dog then going back there to buy another one. 

Wasn't the salesman for the Hogan deal our very own Dean Smith?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m just going to say it because I’ve been thinking it for a while and I’m not sure of the answer... if Brentford’s players are so good why are they a mid-championship side? 

I'm going by their stats (Benhrama and Maupay) which are quite decent.

Benhrama had 10 goals and 14 assist last season, which is impressive.

Maupay had25 goals and 8 assist last season which is also impressive.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Because they have two or three very good players and the rest are ok or bedding in for next year....when they sell their best two or three players again. 

Ok cool, that makes sense. So Maupay and Benhrama are massive standout players and the rest are a little more average. Totally not knocking them as players just they way the media go on everyone of their players is amazing which presumably can’t be the case.

I only really watched them vs us twice last year so I’ve got very little to go on.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm going by their stats (Benhrama and Maupay) which are quite decent.

Benhrama had 10 goals and 14 assist last season, which is impressive.

Maupay had25 goals and 8 assist last season which is also impressive.

They are impressive stats. Maupay particularly!

7 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I think there are going to be some very disappointed fans, when they find out there is no big name mystery forward. Leao was the one we were after but it looks like we will have to settle for someone more realistic like Maupay now. 

All this talk of Belotti, Zapata and Werner is really embarrassing. We have been stuck in the championship for 3 years and are one of the favourites to get relegated. No big name players are coming our way this summer. The club is not going to risk buying a £50m player for us to get relegated and have to sell them on the cheap next year. Get a grip lads! 

Money

Maupay scored 25 goals in the Championship last season, in arguably a slightly worse team overall. Brentford have some standout players, but overall they're a decent, if not spectacular, team.

I actually want us to sign Maupay more than Abraham as we already have Wesley and Maupay is a completely different type of forward to both of those.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m just going to say it because I’ve been thinking it for a while and I’m not sure of the answer... if Brentford’s players are so good why are they a mid-championship side? 

At a guess, and if I'm honest a bit of a stab in the dark, it's because of the way Brentford operates as a club. They produce a system that allows players to thrive.

They have a statistical and numerical analysis system which identifies players that are affordable and have traits to complement the Brentford system.

Take those same players out of the Brentford way and you often have a player who hasn't really established their talent on the world stage and will rarely go on to do so elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

James Tarkowski, Andre Gray, Jota, Alfie Mawson, Adam Forshaw, Maxime Colin, have all gone on to do quite well elsewhere, they might not go on to be world beaters, but no one expects Brentford players to be as such. Only player they've sold for big money that's proved to be a flop is Hogan. People used the same idea to argue against appointing Smith as manager, and he proved that he didn't need their system to be a success.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was watching Audi cup and they said plan was for Bayern Munich to sign Werner on free transfer next season.

Bayern have history of these sorts of signings from rival German clubs so would expect a behind the scenes agreement.

Its pretty much done. Classic Bayern tactic 

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not Elmo then. Sunderland Hull Villa = 3

Dammit! Forgot about Sunderland! Ah well, not sure Elmo would go anyway, seems pretty happy here playing better football.