Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Only scenario in which I could see us signing Tuanzebe, is if we were to sell Taylor, and use Hause as our second choice left-back. And it would have to be a loan with an option to buy, seems very unlikely. Engles has looked good in pre-season, but I personally think that Konsa has looked just as good him, and will be a big player for us.

41 minutes ago, useless said:

If we were in for Axle, I don't think it would be much of a fight - playing under Smith at a forward looking Villa at full throttle, or under Bruce at Newcastle where the knives are already out and the atmosphere will be challenging. Both managers he has played for before.

As others have said, I don't think we need him now, plenty of cover (all of whom are our own players) and certainly not wanted as a straight loan - would have to be a loan to buy at the very least, but then if that's the case, we already know what he is capable of so just purchase from the off?

If he ends up at Newcastle then it is most likely because we did not try to loan him, or a loan to buy was not on the cards.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

With Mings, Chester, Engels, Konsa & Hause we don't need Tuanzebe especially on loan where Manure would expect him to play if fit. It will only lead to disharmony amongst those totally left out.

• Like 1

Newcastle play 3 at the back. Ciaran Clark is supposedly going to Bristol City so it could be happening. 

I have transfer fatigue. Every signing we now make feels like transfer overload, my enthusiasm is now tempered by anxiety.

If we were to sign him it would only be on loan with an option to buy, otherwise it wouldn't happen, so we wouldn't be developing another teams player. As I say only scenario in which I could see it happening is if were to sell Taylor and use Hause as our second choice left-back. leaving Tuanzebe, Mings, Konsa and Engles as the four main defenders, with Chester as the experienced club captain. And for what it's worth whilst I know that Bruce was heavily lambasted for playing him at right-back, and rightly so given the circumstances, I think I'd actually trust Tuanzebe more as our second choice right-back from a defensive perspective than I would Elmohamady in the Premier league.

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Didn't see the discussion if African players supposedly all being older than they claim, with no evidence presented other than "they look old"?

I don’t class anything said on that page as racism. 

Getting back on topic. If we are in for Axel maybe we will be looking to loan out Konsa for a year?

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t class anything said on that page as racism. 

Getting back on topic. If we are in for Axel maybe we will be looking to loan out Konsa for a year?

No chance, I would eat my hat if we sign Axel on loan (Unless it's loan to buy, but then what's the point?, we know the player so would buy anyway).

We aren't going to pay £12m for Konsa and then just loan him out, chances are he'll be our first choice defender this season alongside Mings. Surprised at how dismissive people seem to be of him, he's played more times for England U21s than Tuanzebe has.

• Like 3

Axel had his chance to join us but didn’t take it so I’m happy we moved on ... He is a great player, but this summer would be a no-no for me. Rather develop Konsa who is actually ours.