Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

We are still linked to centre backs (Luyindama / Tuanzebe) and DMs (Phillips / Santamaria). Can't see either happening though

We do need another winger since Green was let out on loan and another striker. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm struggling to disagree more with this post.

Huge ego? Play was pretty poor? 

Tammy was a huge reason why we were promoted and I have seen nothing to suggest he has an ego, let alone a huge one!

We won't be in for him though

I'm not the first one to point out his hold up play and first touch. 

The goals from open play did all but completely dry up, and while he was a good impact on the squad as he was the undisputed number 9, geez if you follow the lad on Instagram and twitter there is no doubting his ego! 

Lad believes he will score 26 goals for Chelsea in Premier League this year. 

We'll see

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

We are still linked to centre backs (Luyindama / Tuanzebe) and DMs (Phillips / Santamaria). Can't see either happening though

We do need another winger since Green was let out on loan and another striker. 

We must be sure of a winger coming in, with Green going out.

I think any lingering DM consideration is now finished with Connor making a good case and Luiz and Nakamba waiting their chance, we have other demands above DM.

Benrahma and a headline striker will make us a very interesting proposition. Cannot say how impressed I am with our spirited performance yesterday, we are going to improve over the season too.

5 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

I'm not the first one to point out his hold up play and first touch. 

The goals from open play did all but completely dry up, and while he was a good impact on the squad as he was the undisputed number 9, geez if you follow the lad on Instagram and twitter there is no doubting his ego! 

Lad believes he will score 26 goals for Chelsea in Premier League this year. 

We'll see

Just had a quick look at his social media pages. He's posted once on Twitter since our play off final win and only seven times on Insta since then, vast majority are just of him training. His older posts are mainly about football save for the odd one with his missus and pals. Maybe i'm missing something but he's no Jeese Lingard on the ego front! 

He seems a very level headed young man. He's the same age as Keinan Davis and one year older from RHM - he's still very young and developing as a footballer. I think people forget that. 

He won't score 26 for Chelsea but I don't think many people expect him to! I'm sure he'll do ok though. I wish him nothing but the best. 

• Like 4

The thing with striker is we only play one, its not as midfield or wingers which even if you were squad player you could still start depending on tactics. But for the striker as long as the main one is performing well you can’t expect to start instead of him.

So I don’t think it’s easy to get a really good quality while still knowing he’s a backup.

I don’t see us finding someone better than Kodjia easily unless paying ridiculous money and wages which would only be slightly better than Kodjia.

However, Benrahma is different quality than everything we have. So I will be very happy to have him as our last signing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just had a quick look at his social media pages. He's posted once on Twitter since our play off final win and only seven times on Insta since then, vast majority are just of him training. His older posts are mainly about football save for the odd one with his missus and pals. Maybe i'm missing something but he's no Jeese Lingard on the ego front! 

He seems a very level headed young man. He's the same age as Keinan Davis and one year older from RHM - he's still very young and developing as a footballer. I think people forget that. 

He won't score 26 for Chelsea but I don't think many people expect him to! I'm sure he'll do ok though. I wish him nothing but the best. 

Obviously not familiar with insta as pictures posted stay on there,, but all the daily stories disappear. 

Anyway nowhere have I said I don't wish him all the best, did well for us last year and thankful. 

I'm pointing out I think we should move on as he won't be a top PL striker Imho. And I believe imho that he won't be a happy bunny sat on the bench

On 03/08/2019 at 00:33, abdulaziz1 said:

If it’s Newcastle then I don’t think Barća would put a buy clause. I think they will send him to the mighty Newcastle to learn him the proper attitude as a player. More importantly to get coached by Steve Bruce to upgrade his game. 

So yeah it’s seems Newcastle.

Newcastle have a history of when the punters are disgruntled, signing a marquee signing to shut everyone up.

Haven't been keeping an eye on premier league for 3 years so I have no idea what Arsenal transfer policies are now. I think under wenger they wouldnt go down the loan to buy route ? 

Only really newcastle or spurs I could see doing any deal of loan to buy. Mind you I only just found out what barca paid for him 😲😲😲😖 150 million ? 

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think the starting line-up versus Leipzig, except for two positions for me, will be our starting 11.

I can imagine Luiz playing his way in-front of Hourihane pretty quickly, Hassan taking Jota’s spot & Benrahma surpassing El Ghazi if we do sign him. On the striker front who knows? Depends what they pull out of the hat this week!

I completely trust the club on transfers now, but I must say I like the idea of Harry Wilson. Mixing more British players in the squad, while offering a young player that can play right while cutting inside with his left. Seems to suit our football. But I guess the price would be utterly stupid. 

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Maupay to Brighton? Jeez weird move

Don't see why, Brighton have money to spend from selling Dunk and have always been on the lookout for a goalscorer.  He's proven at Championship level should they go down, and Potter has come from managing there too so must know about him. He'd start more games for them than us. 

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I completely trust the club on transfers now, but I must say I like the idea of Harry Wilson. Mixing more British players in the squad, while offering a young player that can play right while cutting inside with his left. Seems to suit our football. But I guess the price would be utterly stupid. 

Can't claim to have seen enough of Wilson to know if he will be PL quality, but on face of it makes sense, young pacey a d set pieces to rival CH if and when he is dropped from starting 11

11 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Can't claim to have seen enough of Wilson to know if he will be PL quality, but on face of it makes sense, young pacey a d set pieces to rival CH if and when he is dropped from starting 11

Completely agree, would love Wilson, that's only if Wilson is spelt Benrahma though.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

At a guess, and if I'm honest a bit of a stab in the dark, it's because of the way Brentford operates as a club. They produce a system that allows players to thrive.

They have a statistical and numerical analysis system which identifies players that are affordable and have traits to complement the Brentford system.

Take those same players out of the Brentford way and you often have a player who hasn't really established their talent on the world stage and will rarely go on to do so elsewhere.

They would've seriously challenge for top 6 last season if we hadn't come in for DS. Around October they were around that position and it took Thomas Frank about 10 games to get a first win so they lost ground.

58 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nixon reporting Burnley have failed with a player swap deal for Kalvin Phillips. Wonder if there's still legs in this one. Leeds owners are the type that will cash in the last minute of the window methinks. 

Why? We have two DMs and Hourihane playing there yesterday. Same with Axel. There's strengthening the squad and then there's stockpiling options in areas where we already have 3-4 options.

New striker in this week (intrigued who it will be with Maupay not being pursued) and that will be that.

42 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

He's got talent but to me he's more of a wide player in a 3 than someone you stick upfront. Wales played him upfront v Croatia and he couldn't get into the game at all. Showed at Derby he's better being player wide.