Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

All we need now is another forward to give us a decent sized squad. We certainly don’t need anymore central defenders, especially on loan, so can’t see Axel coming here this summer.

24 minutes ago, NeilS said:

All we need now is another forward to give us a decent sized squad. We certainly don’t need anymore central defenders, especially on loan, so can’t see Axel coming here this summer.

forward and winger tbh, or a forward that can play wide, or a wide player that can play as a forward :P

51 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We already have Konsa, Hause, Mings, Engels and Chester.

We are pretty stacked at cb as it is.

Not sure Chester has another full season at the top level in him so there could be room for Tuanzebe but as stated earlier only with an option to buy.

2 hours ago, useless said:

I bet Axel really is beginning to regret signing another contract with Manchester United, rather than looking to sign permanently for us. They were always going to sign someone else and use him as a potential bench warmer at best. His career has now been put on hold again by them. Case proven, they were just stringing him along...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John said:

I bet Axel really is beginning to regret signing another contract with Manchester United, rather than looking to sign permanently for us. They were always going to sign someone else and use him as a potential bench warmer at best. His career has now been put on hold again by them. Case proven, they were just stringing him along...

Think you are right there, they sold him a right pup, he won't be first choice after they signed Maguire, and adding on the other defenders they have.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

forward and winger tbh, or a forward that can play wide, or a wide player that can play as a forward :P

I can’t see us buying two more players. So will go with forward that can play wide . I think centre forward is the only area we are lacking in, an injury to Wesley could hit us hard as I am not convinced by our back ups although I guess Kodjia might step up.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Only scenario in which I could see us signing Tuanzebe, is if we were to sell Taylor, and use Hause as our second choice left-back. And it would have to be a loan with an option to buy, seems very unlikely. Engles has looked good in pre-season, but I personally think that Konsa has looked just as good him, and will be a big player for us.

Don’t forget our other new signing in that left back position...

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

Don’t forget our other new signing in that left back position...

Think that's why he said second choice, with Targett 1st choice and Hause back-up LB could potentially open up a place for Tuanzebe at CB with Konsa/Engels backing up in the middle.

Axel is a lazy link though. We don't need him anymore, a shame but oh well we've moved on 

2 hours ago, NeilS said:

Defo need another winger as well since we sent Green out on loan.

I think people are to hasty to bring in another striker or winger. We have good options in both positions and just bought £130million worth of players.

I think we are good for the next 4 months, let's see where we are in the table and strengthen in the winter if we are short. If we are doing well, we can bring in a much better calibre of player than we can now.

24 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think people are to hasty to bring in another striker or winger. We have good options in both positions and just bought £130million worth of players.

I think we are good for the next 4 months, let's see where we are in the table and strengthen in the winter if we are short. If we are doing well, we can bring in a much better calibre of player than we can now.

What happens if Wesley goes down with an injury in week 1? We are stuffed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think the concern is that if Wesley gets injured we are really weak in the striker position. One more forward who play wide and through the middle helps negate that. I think even if we buy now, we’ll still have money available in January if needed, but buying now is easier.

Edited by mikeyp102

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think the concern is that if Wesley gets injured we are really weak in the striker position. One more forward who play wide and through the middle helps negate that. I think even if we buy now, we’ll still have money available in January if needed, but buying now is easier.

Maupey or Bowen (for around £5m less, perhaps) would fit the bill. :thumb:

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If we need to spend any significant amount of money in January, it will be a pretty damning indictment of this transfer window. 

I agree unless we’ve been very unlucky injury wise. It’s hard to pick up good signings in January. Players who are on form won’t be easy or cheap to get and players who aren’t in form aren’t what you need in the middle of the season when they need to hit the ground running. 

If we need players and have the money, then spend it now. We should continue to be proactive rather than reactive.