Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, useless said:

Maupay going to Brighton on a four year contract as stated in L'Équipe.

It’s a shame, no matter who we sign up front (if we do), I think Maupay is a very good forward, would have been great for us and I think he will be a success.

6 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Wonder will it be Abraham on loan again?

I'll be absolutely gutted if it is. Think it would even dampen my spirits of an incredible window. 

Abraham scored goals for usast year but from January on, even including the unbeaten run his all round play was pretty poor and his goals started to dry up from open play. 

He has a huge ego, won't take kindly to sitting on bench and just isn't good enough for the big league. 

Think it would be a huge mistake drowned in sentiment and he would end up rocking the boat when realises he isn't first 11

• Like 3

Think we will struggle for goals this season unless a few of our signings have break out seasons.

Would feel better if we brought in a winger/wide forward or striker. 

a mobile intelligent attacker who could also work out wide.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Wonder will it be Abraham on loan again?

No chance. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Think we will struggle for goals this season unless a few of our signings have break out seasons.

Would feel better if we brought in a winger/wide forward or striker. 

a mobile intelligent attacker who could also work out wide.

I don’t think we’ll concede many either though, that’s not to say our football will be boring because I think we’ve played some great stuff in pre season

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

We need a goal scorer. It's good our midfield can chip in as well as they have, but forwards need to be a major goal threat too.

This. Kodjia is not going to get us enough goals on his own if anything happens to Wesley. I'm disappointed that we are not signing Maupay. But based on this window I have every faith that we will bring a quality forward player in.

30 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think another forward is coming in this week.

Yep and probably Benrahma too. Stunning transformation of the club/team. Will take a while to figure out our best starting XI, but hopefully not too long. 

Goals won't be a problem. With our wingers (all of whom are known to chip in with a few goals) Jack, Conor and John we have a goal threats throughout our midfield. As long as Wesley can hit double figures we should be able to average 1.5 goals a game. Defense could be a problem though. If Mings gets injured we'll be f***ed!

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Yep and probably Benrahma too. Stunning transformation of the club/team. Will take a while to figure out our best starting XI, but hopefully not too long. 

I think the starting line-up versus Leipzig, except for two positions for me, will be our starting 11.

I'm pretty sure if we wanted Maupay we would have got him. The only reason he's going to Brighton is because we either aren't in the market for another striker, or we're about to sign someone better, and have let Maupay know who's been waiting to find out whether we want him or not, that he's now free to sign for another club

• Like 1

Think of the two Brentford players it's more likely to be Benrahma that we are after. We have more of a need squad wise for wingers than strikers. We play 1 up top and currently have 4 players for that position and only 3 wingers for the 2 wing positions (not including players playing out of natural position of course).

• Like 2

I'd be slightly disappointed if Maupay joins Brighton and we don't sign a striker. I can only hope we have someone else lined up. 

• Like 2