Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I'm happy having Wesley as first choice and Kodjia as back up. I think Kodjia is good enough for the Premier League. Hogan can get some cup games and as a sub in some games.

Think it's well balanced, what I'm afraid of is if we bring in another big money forward both him and Wesley will want to be the starter and could bring some unrest in the squad. A bit like when we bought McCormack and then Kodjia soon after. Hard to see that we will have a £20M+ striker on the bench every game. Perhaps better so get someone young with potential in who wont demand to start every game. Or an oldie, a target man who still can contribute but is ok to be second choice, doubt that will happen though.

It's of course good to have another first choice striker, pushing Wesley and to come in if he is injured/needs a rest. It's just difficult to think what type of player or who that would be. Perhaps someone who can play both wide forward and striker so that they complement each other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Wonder will it be Abraham on loan again?

Like Axel he's looking to play games for the club that he is contracted to, unlike Axel's club Chelsea can't buy someone else, so they are more likely to hold onto their player merely as cover for their preferred choices.

Neither player will get more than a handful of first team games this season. They would have been better off with us. I think they both will soon realise that, if they don't already. It will be too late to do anything about it then. Pity.😕

2 hours ago, useless said:

I'm pretty sure if we wanted Maupay we would have got him. The only reason he's going to Brighton is because we either aren't in the market for another striker, or we're about to sign someone better, and have let Maupay know who's been waiting to find out whether we want him or not, that he's now free to sign for another club

I agree, but would add that he may have grown tired of waiting for us and that Brighton might have been prepared to pay Brighton's asking price now, whilst we were still not.

We may never know for sure, I hope we will now go on to sign someone else this coming week.  

15 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Imagine thinking we're going to sign Timo Werner for £70m.

The thinking was it would be an 'outrageous' signing, not the single most outrageous signing in football history. 

Red Bull gives you wingers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can’t see us spending more than £25m on a striker. Interesting that Maupay is going Brighton. Good signing for them. Happy to be proven wrong and we go out and smash it with a new signing 

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Maupay to Brighton? Jeez weird move

How so? Established prem club, ideal step up for a Championship striker. 

It's not a done deal is it with Brighton yet, I still think we will land him unless someone better and more of a fee is on the radar.

Still convinced we need another striker, think it's needed and our other strikers are unreliable and a total risk, would play Davis over kodjia any day.

3 minutes ago, jim said:

ideal step up for a Championship striker. 

Indeed, that's exactly what Maupay will be again, this time next season. 😀

Any way, enough about him. Does anyone have any thoughts about who we might be going for now? 

6 minutes ago, John said:

Indeed, that's exactly what Maupay will be again, this time next season. 😀

Any way, enough about him. Does anyone have any thoughts about who we might be going for now? 

Maupay 😋

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

I’m starting to think we are done with transfers now but hope I’m wrong 

It will be Benrahma I’m sure. I rarely speculate but he fits the profile more than a Student gaining an Honours Degree in Meeting Profiles at Profile University, Profileshire.

• Like 1

We’re signing Benrahma according to this tweet from an Express reporter.

Exclusive with @ScottBurns75: Neal Maupay is having a medical at Brighton, Said Benrahma is heading to Aston Villa and Brentford are looking to do a deal to sign Sandro Kulenovic, who has been dubbed the new Mandzukic - to replace them express.co.uk/sport/football… #Bees

• Thanks 1