Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Hope the Sturridge link is garbage. 

If true, it means we have learned nothing over the last 5 years. 

I don’t expect it to be kosher though.

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

That's the info I was looking for! Even though I will admit I'd consider Villa taking the risk on him, probably cos you know we haven't signed 12 players yet and even optimistic people like me are getting bored 😅 The signing makes no sense and it would be very risky and probably stupid. Hopefully we sign someone this Wednesday and I stop with these foolish thoughts.

I bet he lands somewhere like Newcastle.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Not that ITK given he enabled the Brexit shit show whilst being certain it wouldn't happen. One of Villa's more embarrassing supporters.

Oh boy this thread has descended in to brexit talk.

DEANO GET A PLAYER SIGNED QUICK OR WE WONT LAST MUCH LONGER :) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not a dig at you but many of us myself included said the same or similar about Samba, Lescott, Richards and people like Joe Cole and lots of others.

No doubt someone will throw McGrath’s name out in reply so I’ll pre-empt that by saying not every older player is past it or no longer arsed. John Terry demonstrated that and I actually think Cahill is more like Terry than the others mentioned I’d just rather we take a different approach.

Again you make a very fair point. How often does this type of signing pay off? You've put forward enough names to suggest rarely.

Luckily for the first time in years, I'm pretty sure the powers that may be aren't going to cock this up.

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Hope the Sturridge link is garbage. 

Absolutely think it is.

Nixon's livelihood relies on clicks and he got plenty of attention for his McGinn invention, so he's trying something else.

It's very quiet aside from click bait guff sadly. The closer the start of the season gets the team will get concerned how thin the squad is as well.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am quite enjoying that. The papers haven't got a clue. Which means we're bound to see more surprise signings 

That side of it is good yeah. I'd be enjoying it a lot more if we only needed two players max though. We need four minimum and probably six or seven to not have incapable players hanging around the bench every week.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, villarocker said:

But, is it quicker? 

Roughly the same for me. M8, thnx etc take more time for sure. ITK doesn't lose on this occasion though. Some abbreviations have their use. 

Personally I would be happy to see Sturridge at Villa but this is down to me being biased towards him.

A young lad from Hockley that’s achieved a lot to return to a local club in Aston Villa.

I will say though he is not the signing we need especially for the demand in wages.

its a nothing story

• Sad 1

That same report says we are trying to sturridge and Austin.

There is no way in hell we would target both of those signings together . I'll put money on that.  It's absolute garbage by Nixon and made up.

• Like 1

Just now, supermon said:

Spurs apparently have a few players for sale, would happily take Victor Wanyama for the reported fee we would have paid for Kalvin Phillips. 

Not for me. Won't come here for less than £100k a week.

Phillips is a better player right now. Think that ship has sailed regardless though.

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Spurs apparently have a few players for sale, would happily take Victor Wanyama for the reported fee we would have paid for Kalvin Phillips. 

Last i heard wanyama isn't the player he was a couple of years ago.

5 minutes ago, supermon said:

No thanks. Name recognition doesn't equal recent performances. Can we not buy cast offs 

• Like 2