Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Isn't Fernando Llorente being released by Spurs on a free or something? I know he's old and seems to have got plenty of stick at Spurs but he was actually pretty good at Swansea in the time he was there and one who'd be happy to rotate with Wesley up top. Rather have him than Sturridge who is completely finished at this level (people forgot he actually went on loan to WBA and barely played any games)

We need more upfront than we've presently got atm, an experience option would be good just in case Wesley struggles to fire or settle.

Can't hit a cows arse with a banjo at two paces. Watched him enough when Kane was injured. Spurs really struggled

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can't hit a cows arse with a banjo at two paces. Watched him enough when Kane was injured. Spurs really struggled

I’ve often wondered to myself, has anyone ever attempted to hit a cow’s arse with a banjo? Literally, I mean.

Edit: just put it into Google Images. One of the pictures that came up was Emile Heskey in a Villa kit. Seriously. 

Edited by The Moustache of Teale
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, The Moustache of Teale said:

I’ve often wondered to myself, has anyone ever attempted to hit a cow’s arse with a banjo? Literally, I mean.

Seen it done with a ukulele, but the principle is the same.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

I did once with a harpsichord. Does that count?

4 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Edit: just put it into Google Images. One of the pictures that came up was Emile Heskey in a Villa kit. Seriously. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Scored 15 goals in premier league at Swansea not so long ago.

Yeah just been a squad player at Spurs and struggled for sharpness but still scored a few crucial goals for them in CL.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The premier league is a **** cash cow at the moment. While i don't want us to get shafted in every deal, if these are the players we have identified then over paying is probably something that has to happen. 

If anyone wanted grealish or Mcginn we would expect massive over paying. 

Lets get it done.

No, let's not. These are Championship players, not Premier League.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

20m+ for Mings would be insane. 

So hard to know what value is these days. If Mings can translate his form of last year into a successful Villa team then he won’t be far away from the international set up. Then the fees being quoted are £40-90m so it doesn’t look that bad. 

On the other hand £20m+ for someone with six months football to his name in the last four years shows just how mad the game has got. 

I reckon it’ll take a long time because Bournemouth are a competitor and it’s in their interests to mess us about. Eventually it’ll get done for £15-17m plus add ons taking it to whatever figure you want to put in. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

In some areas you need to make exception, getting a calm head at CB with 10 + premier league seasons to guide the young full backs feels like a good move to me. Even if we get Mings back he's not really played that much in the premier league and certainly not at CB so unfair to expect him to lead us at this level.

I feel it's a bit naive if people are thinking we're going to build a premier league powerhouse team with everyone under 25, you need nous and been there done it players in key areas.

I don’t agree re exceptions for certain areas having given the examples I’ve given.

I don’t think anyone thinks we are going to build a “powerhouse team” this window, that’s a completely false position you are opposing.

People saying ‘25m is too much for Mings, move on’..

Who to? 25m rated Webster? 

We need to get real, fast. I know we don’t want to get ripped off but if anyone came knocking for our players, we’d do exactly the same. 

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

People saying ‘25m is too much for Mings, move on’..

Who to? 25m rated Webster? 

We need to get real, fast. I know we don’t want to get ripped off but if anyone came knocking for our players, we’d do exactly the same. 

I would tend to agree with you if he wasn't so far down the pecking order at Bournemouth.

It is not like he is anything close to one of their key players.

The piss is officially been taken with some of these fees.

38 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Am I not getting this? Does this mean only 3/4 more? 

I had read his first post as another 8-9 as well, but his reply does suggest that is the total.

That just has to be wrong! I have taken it that his reply was a very quick one and was not too well thought through.