Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I said it in Jan and will say it again now, just can't see Cahill being the sort of signing we are looking to make. Bound to sign Monday now.

He doesn't fit the new, 'young with potential to develop' criteria no, but in another post you made recently Trent, you acknowledged our limited remaining budget in an expensive market, so I think Cahill could be the exception that breaks the rule.

Young and hungry is the way to go, but we have virtually zero Prem experience in the team at the moment, he's 'free', knows the club and Terry and has an eye for goal, as well as still being a very decent defender. Admittedly, lost some pace, but all in all, a good punt. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

He doesn't fit the new, 'young with potential to develop' criteria no, but in another post you made recently Trent, you acknowledged our limited remaining budget in an expensive market, so I think Cahill could be the exception that breaks the rule.

Young and hungry is the way to go, but we have virtually zero Prem experience in the team at the moment, he's 'free', knows the club and Terry and has an eye for goal, as well as still being a very decent defender. Admittedly, lost some pace, but all in all, a good punt. 

I did and as I said I can see some logic to it, I could even be pursuaded its a good idea, I just don't think it will happen.

I think we are being a bit unfair towards Cahill saying he's on too much money and won't come here.  We don't know what is motivating him, it may be that following JT's path is a more attractive option than just getting more money elsewhere.  I'd seriously look at signing him.

We were told the criteria was basically to sign young players who can develop/those that fits into Dean Smith’s style of play. Cahill to be brutally honest doesn’t fit in any criteria. The signing would’ve made sense under the various managers before him I’m not sure it fits what the current one is trying to achieve. I’m not against it completely but sceptical. Anyway this all came from The Daily Star so...

BM saying shock transfer twist in Mings to Villa with Ake a target for likes of City or Spurs. Are they for real? Bournemouth fans were predicting a bigger club to come in for Ake at the end of the season when Mings joined us on loan

Cahill is another Lescott...

Stop signing these has been players that is well past their prime. He will most likely demand high wages that is better spent elsewhere. Really hoped that we had learned from the Lescott signing. This is the type of signing we need to avoid.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, villarocker said:

If you can type in the know quicker than ITK you are a genius ;)

I just had a go. Surprisingly similar! I use a SwiftKey keyboard on my phone so it's pretty quick! 

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Cahill is another Lescott...

Stop signing these has been players that is well past their prime

:( no, he isn’t, he’s a model pro who is never in the news for the wrong reasons. Yes, he has lot a bit of pace but his ability to read the game is still there, I don’t think a player ever loses that capability, I’d love him back 

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Personally, I love all this ITK nonsense.  Gives me something to read on a Sunday.  So please keep the rumour mill running and post any old cock and bull.  

high school GIF

Im hearing whispers Cahill is going to West Ham...

• Thanks 1

Whilst a number of people, both on forums and in the general media claim to be In The Know, they should really be grouped together as This Is Total Speculation. Make an acronym of that if you will. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

:( no, he isn’t, he’s a model pro who is never in the news for the wrong reasons. Yes, he has lot a bit of pace but his ability to read the game is still there, I don’t think a player ever loses that capability, I’d love him back 

Did he even play a single game last season?

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Did he even play a single game last season?

He played a few Europa League games and a few sub minutes in the league. Danny Drinkwater didn’t get a kick all year. Neither seem to have been fancied by Sarri but that doesn’t mean they are past it or whatever. 

• Like 1