Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

By all accounts the fitness coach Sherwood hires was incompetent and our pre season was a joke. 

Veretout has also spoken about how Sherwood made no effort to integrate him into the squad and basically didn’t even speak to him at all. 

It’s a stretch to absolve Sherwood of any blame on that one. 

I’m not absolving him of any blame. I just think it’s too convenient to blame the manager for the players failings when he just wasn’t physically up to it and it was clear to see. 

The other french signings seem to manage fitness wise. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought it was the fitnesss coaches jobs? 

Anyway in this case many fans blame Sherwood for Veretout not performing for us and I disagree with this.  Especially if Sherwood wasn’t involved in his signing. 

He played, he wasn’t fit enough so he was dropped. He was a poor signing.

Irrelevant if you're the head coach and/or manager. Your job is to get the best out of the squad you have at any given time. In Veretout's case he clearly didn't do that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not absolving him of any blame. I just think it’s too convenient to blame the manager for the players failings when he just wasn’t physically up to it and it was clear to see. 

The other french signings seem to manage fitness wise. 

Where has this idea that he wasn't fit enough come from anyway? 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Irrelevant if you're the head coach and/or manager. Your job is to get the best out of the squad you have at any given time. In Veretout's case he clearly didn't do that. 

Nor did Garde. They were both shit managers but in this case I think Veretout was not cut out for the league. It was a poor signing. 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Where has this idea that he wasn't fit enough come from anyway? 

l remember from watching him. He looked like he was going to collapse after around 60 minutes.

Anyway I think the whole point of my original post was may get value abroad but there is always the chance of a highly rated player like Veretout not fitting in in this league.

Then fans have said it’s the managers fault it didn’t work out for him and I disagreed. 

Thats it.

Vertout looked like a good player from the start for me, he had what it took to make it but something was missing and he's told us what it was, he was never welcomed into the squad.

He's not on his own, the midfield we had was far to good to go down but it did , it's clear the fault lay with poor management but it went further than that.......the management was picked by incompetent owners or directors.

Spurs show what is capable for a team like us and their success lays firmly at the feet of Levy , like him it loath him . UTV 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You're my favourite poster but tbf I've had about 48 ciders. 

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Villa supporter on Twitter claims “not ITK about anything else but has heard from someone with inside knowledge that Cahill is as good as done”. 

Make of that what you want.

Not itk but then says knows someone with inside knowledge which is itk. What a load of bollocks 

23 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Villa supporter on Twitter claims “not ITK about anything else but has heard from someone with inside knowledge that Cahill is as good as done”. 

Make of that what you want.

I said it in Jan and will say it again now, just can't see Cahill being the sort of signing we are looking to make. Bound to sign Monday now.

2 hours ago, troon_villan said:

I think a lot of people will be on their phones so the text speak is a bi-product of that. 

I can type faster on my phone in normal English than I can, attempting to type in text speak. I don't buy the excuse. No need for it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not itk but then says knows someone with inside knowledge which is itk. What a load of bollocks 

He isn't saying that exactly. He says, according to what is posted above, that he isn't ITK about anything else other than what he has been told about Cahill. Could still be he's talking crap but he is setting the parameters of his apparent knowledge as restricted to one player and one deal.

26 minutes ago, privateer said:

He isn't saying that exactly. He says, according to what is posted above, that he isn't ITK about anything else other than what he has been told about Cahill. Could still be he's talking crap but he is setting the parameters of his apparent knowledge as restricted to one player and one deal.

Oh sure he's legit then. Unlike the abundant people who do that on twitter 20/30 times a day. Not just for Villa mind.

There should be a list of ITK tropes. This would be pretty early on/high up it's so common. 

Edited by praisedmambo

36 minutes ago, privateer said:

11 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Oh sure he's legit then. Unlike the abundant people who do that on twitter 20/30 times a day. Not just for Villa mind.

There should be a list of ITK tropes. This would be pretty early on/high up it's so common. 

25 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

GIF by Giphy QA

14 minutes ago, pete101 said:
53 minutes ago, privateer said:

23 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

But fortunately reading and comprehension isn't dead everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

I can type faster on my phone in normal English than I can, attempting to type in text speak. I don't buy the excuse. No need for it. 

If you can type in the know quicker than ITK you are a genius ;)

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nor did Garde. They were both shit managers but in this case I think Veretout was not cut out for the league. It was a poor signing. 

l remember from watching him. He looked like he was going to collapse after around 60 minutes.

Any decent manager would introduce him gradually until he adapted and reached the fitness levels required.