Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Not so sure, targetts price could go up to 17m and he has played less than Mings.

I could see 15m/18m rising to 20m/23m ish being reasonable.

If it were to be 25 would have to be 15/18 rising to 25 for me.

I agree anything over 25 as a final price with all add ons would be tough to swallow.

How about £15m straight away for him and a further £5m when he has played 100 games for us or played for England 5 times?

Possibly add a percentage of any fee that we later receive for him of over £15m or £20m, up to a maximum of another £5m? That would be  £15m, possibly rising to £25m. That seems more than fair to me (if a little complicated). ;)

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

You contradict your own point.

Wolves didn’t build a powerhouse team last summer, as you yourself then confirm they hardly added.

Wolves build a side in the Championship too good for that league and then added to it as opposed to our ridiculous one team to go up nonsense.

We had/have way more to do this summer than they had to do last summer.

I don’t think the two scenario’s are in any way comparable.

I do think in a way there are comparable as Wolves already had good midfielders in Diogo Jota and Neves so they quickly identified that getting an experienced DM with champions league experience would really push that part of the pitch up a notch.

That is our strongest area of the pitch, McGinn and Grealish are comfortable mid table prem players imo so I'd like us to get in top class DM as we'd be very strong in that area. Despite his good reviews I'm not convinced on Kalvin Phillips.

For how good Wolves looked in the championship they didn't really have that good out and out strikers, Leo Bonatini led their line for much of the season and he didn't score a goal past December. Quickly frozen out and loaned out last season. Cavalero and Helder Costa squad players. Could've just relied on those to be effective in premier league but didn't.

We certainly need another good striker in. Too much pressure on Wesley otherwise and then it's Kodj and Hogan as back up.

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No offence,  but with your never ending praise of youth players who never have been good enough, this is a futile discussion. 

I've seen enough of Hause to see he has something we can develop and he's a good squad option, but he isn't Premier League starter material. Not even close. 

I am sure you will be pleased to be proved totally wrong. He will prove to be a fine aquisition this season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I do think in a way there are comparable as Wolves already had good midfielders in Diogo Jota and Neves so they quickly identified that getting an experienced DM with champions league experience would really push that part of the pitch up a notch.

That is our strongest area of the pitch, McGinn and Grealish are comfortable mid table prem players imo so I'd like us to get in top class DM as we'd be very strong in that area. Despite his good reviews I'm not convinced on Kalvin Phillips.

For how good Wolves looked in the championship they didn't really have that good out and out strikers, Leo Bonatini led their line for much of the season and he didn't score a goal past December. Quickly frozen out and loaned out last season. Cavalero and Helder Costa squad players. Could've just relied on those to be effective in premier league but didn't.

We certainly need another good striker in. Too much pressure on Wesley otherwise and then it's Kodj and Hogan as back up.

I don’t see much in comparison.

We’ve added 5 players and spent £40m and I’m still not sure our side today would be as good as theirs on the day they went up.

We may have a great few weeks and really improve but I don’t think anyone holds the expectation of a powerhouse side to match Wolves of last season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

I am sure you will be pleased to be proved totally wrong. He will prove to be a fine aquisition this season

Good thing I never said he wasn't a fine aquisition. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think this? I think he’s been more than fine whenever he’s been called upon, he’s young and will improve over time. He can play at left back and centre back, he’s great in the air I think, I think £3m for him is shrewd business for an England u21 international 

Lol. Love it. 

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Sunday is the new Wednesday!! Get in!!

Delighted. 

If those 48hrs = 2 working days then we might get a super Wednesday after all :trollface: