Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Doesn’t Sturridge have fitness issues? Seems like an expensive mistake waiting to happen.  

that-post-injured-daniel-sturridge.jpg

1 minute ago, striker said:

I wouldn’t be dealing with Levy at all after him trying to get Grealish on the cheap.

Ach, it’s just business. With Levy just expect douchery and factor it into your dealings with him. 

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

What’s John Percy’s history? Anyone know?

Telegraph and usually has a fairly good reputation for not posting rubbish.

Percy is usually the next best thing for a transfer confirmation if it's not yet officially announced.

Edited by MaVilla

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

What’s John Percy’s history? Anyone know?

This is the most "speculation" I've ever seen him put on twitter. He usually only puts things up when they're on and about to happen.

8 or 9 is the amount of players we need so I'm glad he wrote about that.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

This is the most "speculation" I've ever seen him put on twitter. He usually only puts things up when they're on and about to happen.

8 or 9 is the amount of players we need so I'm glad he wrote about that.

Yeah that was the only solace in a fairly depressing update.

I like the fact that we are being prudent with our money and not allowing information to leak, and not allowing ourselves to be fleeced.

But I am also a little concerned that we don't go too far the other way and start losing out on our key targets because we are arguing over a few million here and there.

If we get relegated again we will be arguing over a few million then...

I'm sure it's tough and I do have confidence in the management team for the first time in a  decade, but as I say I hope we aren't being too over the top in trying to pinch pennies.

Edited by MaVilla

8 or 9 signings is exactly what we need. For the £75m that Benrahma, Webster and Phillips would supposedly cost we should be able to find 5 or 6 players from abroad.

The only Championship player I would want us to sign for £20m+ is Butland.

• Like 1

The premier league is a **** cash cow at the moment. While i don't want us to get shafted in every deal, if these are the players we have identified then over paying is probably something that has to happen. 

If anyone wanted grealish or Mcginn we would expect massive over paying. 

Lets get it done.

• Like 2

It's kinda interesting that we're obviously not going to over spend, yet spent £20m+ on Wesley. They must be pretty confident about that one.

Getting pretty nervous about next season now. So much to do, so little time.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I like the fact that we are being prudent with our money and not allowing information to leak, and not allowing ourselves to be fleeced.

But I am also a little concerned that we don't go too far the other way and start losing out on our key targets because we are arguing over a few million here and there.

I'm sure it's tough and I do habe confidence in the management team for the first time in a  decade, but as I say I hope we aren't being too over the top in trying to pinch pennies.

I don't think we are. We're probably 10mil+ apart on some of these figures, given the reports.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's kinda interesting that we're obviously not going to over spend, yet spent £20m+ on Wesley. They must be pretty confident about that one.

Getting pretty nervous about next season now. So much to do, so little time.

Well he is a striker, strikers do tend to go for a bit more and 22m for our main striker in the prem is pretty cheap tbh.

(Assuming he's worth that - but don't forget Southampton just paid 20m ish for Ings.....)

Edited by MaVilla

8 minutes ago, Pembers said:

Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 22.11.54.png

Even if true base it on appearances with injury history. He's captain material and homegrown quota so get it done

Edited by Kiwivillan

Strikes me that we're too caught up chasing Championship players and Championship clubs are being smart enough to drive fees upward. If most of our budget is going to go on players from that level then we could be in for a rude awakening.  There's a much bigger footballing world out there and better value abroad, yes we shouldn't completely discount the Championship but seems like our efforts to recruit players from that level is disproportionate. 

• Like 4