Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Palace buying Jordan Ayew for £2.5m apparently. Jeez, the prices nowadays are mental right? :rolleyes:

Isn't he about as much use as a chocolate fire guard?

2.5m for a chocolate fire guard is pretty high I would say....

13 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Palace buying Jordan Ayew for £2.5m apparently. Jeez, the prices nowadays are mental right? :rolleyes:

They are lucky to get anything for him. They can’t handle his wages. Probably would have let him leave on a free. 

6 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Butland for sure. Mings - not sure he is.

I agree, but did pretty good job in Championship. Good squad player in PL.

On 05/07/2019 at 15:26, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know Veretout has turned out good but he was so off the pace it was a joke. You can’t blame the manager for a player not being fit enough.

Of course you can. We don't know the precise particulars, but it is literally the managers job to ensure the players are fit enough?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Only if you are buying shit footballers who even Championship clubs are desperate to shift.

Spoilers : even McCormack and Albert are going on frees.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Of course you can. We don't know the precise particulars, but it is literally the managers job to ensure the players are fit enough?

I thought it was the fitnesss coaches jobs? 

Anyway in this case many fans blame Sherwood for Veretout not performing for us and I disagree with this.  Especially if Sherwood wasn’t involved in his signing. 

He played, he wasn’t fit enough so he was dropped. He was a poor signing.

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Only if you are buying shit footballers who even Championship clubs are desperate to shift.

Spoilers : even McCormack and Albert are going on frees.

He’s an experienced Premier League workhorse with over 100 appearances in that league. He’s far from prolific, even for a wide player, but for a fairly reliable Premier League squad player, £2.5m is what I would consider a bargain.

Some people in this thread have tried to make out that £20m for a Championship player with no Prem experience is ‘cheap’, so I’m just providing some balance.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

He’s an experienced Premier League workhorse with over 100 appearances in that league. He’s far from prolific, even for a wide player, but for a fairly reliable Premier League squad player, £2.5m is what I would consider a bargain.

Some people in this thread have tried to make out that £20m for a Championship player with no Prem experience is ‘cheap’, so I’m just providing some balance.

They can’t afford to keep him mate.  

Obviously he’s worth more than 2.5 million.   Palace have got a bargain squad player but I bet his wages are still high. 

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Italian clickbait site is linking us and palace to Fabio Borini  from Ac Milan .... for s striker with such a bad scoring record he has managed to play for some teams oh and Sunderland 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

who do u support m8 out of curiosity?

m8?? Why are you asking?? Do you think im supporter of some other team?? and if so than why?

Edited by Jonsi77

4 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

m8?? Why are you asking?? Do you think im supporter of some other team?? and if so than why?

You chaps have a full sized qwerty keyboard, there is simply no excuse for these text message abreviations. I hope I have made my point. IMHO. LOL. 

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 2

Just now, Jareth said:

You chaps have a full sized qwerty keyboard, there is simply no excuse for these text message abreviations. I hope I have made my point. 

m8 soz if i woz 2F4U, AAMOF and AFAIK i came B2K to CU and CMS my qwerty KB, FWIW i just wan to HF hopefully that WFU as it WFM, DGMW NRN but OTOH ur POV IFA, ICYMI YMMD m8.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2