Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 hours ago, Rob182 said:

We've signed 5 players, and yet I'd imagine we still have the smallest squad in the Premier League.

We can't join in with the MON-style approach of getting everyone signed in the last week. We're not a Premier League team that needs to add 1 or 2. We're a shell of a team that got promoted via the play-offs. We need players here to gel and actually be coached in the way Smith wants to play.

I'm not fussed that players aren't signed just yet. But let's not pretend that we only need 2 players prior to deadline day.

Our first team options right now are probably Targett, McGinn, Grealish, El Ghazi and Wesley. (I'm sure most would rather see Chester, Hause and Jota as back-up options, not first choice first teamers). So that's 6 first team players that we're waiting to sign and integrate into the squad, in an attempt to replicate the great team-spirit that was shown last year.

Ideally, we need a minimum of 3-4 of these players in before the US friendlies.

It's the 5th of July ffs. People losing their marbles on here.

What I would like in an unrealistic FM world...

Butland GK £19 Million plus add ons 

Leao Rw/ St £17million plus Kalinic or Kodija plus add ons 

Phillips DM £15million plus Lansbury & add ons 

Santamaria or Billing DM £8million 

Trezequet LW £8 million 

Mings or Kongolo DC £13million +

Ajer DC £10million plus Chester 

Dan Happe DC £600k 

Total = £90million 🤔😬

Yes I’m fully aware it’s not gunna happen, but indulge me whilst I fantasise over a £140million  spending spree... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What I would like in an unrealistic FM world...

Butland GK £19 Million plus add ons 

Leao Rw/ St £17million plus Kalinic or Kodija plus add ons 

Phillips DM £15million plus Lansbury & add ons 

Santamaria or Billing DM £8million 

Trezequet LW £8 million 

Mings or Kongolo DC £13million +

Ajer DC £10million plus Chester 

Dan Happe DC £600k 

Total = £90million 🤔😬

Yes I’m fully aware it’s not gunna happen, but indulge me whilst I fantasise over a £140million  spending spree... 

I think 3 of them will happen.

For me now that Tuanzebe has signed a new contract at Man Utd I wouldn't be interested in taking him back on loan if the chance were to arise.

It's been said before but we shouldn't be developing other teams players whilst in the PL, unless we have the benefit of being able to sign them later on with an option to buy.

It's a shame as he is a class player who will no doubt go on to play for England.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

No, I think @Rob182 is just making the very valid point that we still have plenty of work to be done and it'd be ideal if business could be done sooner rather than later so we could embed our players, give them a little time to settle in and have a pre-season together.

Or...PeOpLe ArE gOiNg RuDdY bONkErS, cHiLl oUt FfS. Depends how you want to see it, I guess.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

For me now that Tuanzebe has signed a new contract at Man Utd I wouldn't be interested in taking him back on loan if the chance were to arise.

It's been said before but we shouldn't be developing other teams players whilst in the PL, unless we have the benefit of being able to sign them later on with an option to buy.

It's a shame as he is a class player who will no doubt go on to play for England.

the problem being the option to buy value has just increased because of the new contract

walk away and let someone else get suckered in to it

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

No, I think @Rob182 is just making the very valid point that we still have plenty of work to be done and it'd be ideal if business could be done sooner rather than later so we could embed our players, give them a little time to settle in and have a pre-season together.

Or...PeOpLe ArE gOiNg RuDdY bONkErS, cHiLl oUt FfS. Depends how you want to see it, I guess.

Yep. Season starts in 37 days, it's really not that far away when you factor in that players, ideally, need a pre-season together. 

Certainly not panic button time yet, but hopefully things are done within the next few weeks.

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

the problem being the option to buy value has just increased because of the new contract

walk away and let someone else get suckered in to it

Yeah great player no doubt will go on to have a great career, thankful for his input last season but we move on.

44 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Which part of my post is me losing my marbles?

The part where I say that I'd be happy for us to sign a keeper on deadline day? Or maybe the part where I say that ideally we need 3-4 of the 'first team' signings in by the US games in 2 weeks time?

18 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I kind of agree, but I don't particularly mind developing players for teams who we aren't (immediately) competing with.  At the moment, given we have basically no centre backs, I'd happily take Tuanzebe on loan again if it gave us a better chance of staying up.  Ultimately, that's all we should care about right now.

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

I kind of agree, but I don't particularly mind developing players for teams who we aren't (immediately) competing with.  At the moment, given we have basically no centre backs, I'd happily take Tuanzebe on loan again if it gave us a better chance of staying up.  Ultimately, that's all we should care about right now.

Spot on.

This season is all about staying up so if developing other teams youngsters helps us do that I have no problem with it. 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

@useless

It would be players who know each other, and know how Smith's training methods, and how likes his teams to play, so less of a settling in period.

conversing with yourself ey? best answers guaranteed.

• Haha 1