Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

The silence is painful. It’s feels like ages since we’ve seen a credible link surface to any sort of player. 

I hope the club know what they’re doing. The squad as it stands would do well to get 20 points next season.

WE’RE DOOMED I TELL YOU, DOOMED!

has been a long 3 days since our last signing

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

The longer we leave it, the more selling clubs will smell the blood and panic in the air. We are very short on quality and numbers. Dean Smith wanted his main business done by pre-season, this isn’t happening.

Agreed. They could also be making us wait until they've got a replacement ready, and suddenly it becomes a chain like a house move being held up by someone 6 links away.

Hopefully moves will happen next week but it's Suso and his two scouts who are the ones that I'm looking at here. Got it all to prove. We also got the fella from Barnsley in and you always wonder where the brain of a team is on something that works through levels like recruitment. We'll find out the next few windows I'd imagine, Barnsley have been very busy already this window.

On 04/07/2019 at 19:22, AvfcRigo82 said:

I made this stupid idiotic mistake in February calling for Dean Smith, look what happened after that.

If there is one thing for certain the minute I start typing shite about panicing having no signings etc. It'll feel sods law that we will prob go out and sign 6 players that week, so I am saying bugger all.   :lol:

Surely the reverse is the case and you should be typing loads of shite and calling Smith, Suso and Purslow all of the names under the sun to ensure that we do go out and sign 6 players next week??  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Oh man I hope you're wrong. Obviously, you're right about other clubs smelling the panic as they will know what our squad situation is and be aware of our desperation to fill the holes within the squad. 

I'm hoping that our trust in Purslow, Suso and Smith isn't wasted and they are well in control of what's going on behind the scenes. 

Other clubs smelling the panic? Birmingham mail click bait in 5 mins 

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

The longer we leave it, the more selling clubs will smell the blood and panic in the air. We are very short on quality and numbers. Dean Smith wanted his main business done by pre-season, this isn’t happening.

Sounds like Philips is being offered a new contract by LUFC, if he signs it’s not happening, if he doesn’t he’s had his head turned which could precipitate a sale.

Really not confident now though, it feels as though Purslow is in shock and hasn’t acclimatised to the new order of things this window, which has moved on again. It does seem the best players at clubs in the Championship are now £20m and upwards. There are some big clubs with a lot of money down there now.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

I think it’s fair to say Stoke probably want or need to cash in on Butland especially having brought in a keeper already. I think Bournemouth want to sell Mings.

The market is a game of chicken a lot of the time. The longer we wait prices could go up, they could go down I don’t think it is as linear as to say later the transfer the more it costs especially when so many deals are inter linked and dependant upon one another.

As for Purslow, I’m not sure that guys ever been in shock in his life.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

As for Purslow, I’m not sure that guys ever been in shock in his life.

I’d agree with this.

I do feel however it is going to take big balls and conviction to make the signings we need. If you look around though, plenty of other middling teams are happy paying £25m, £30m plus for the right player (even last season). After all, it’s not the cost of the player but the VALUE TO OUR TEAM AND PROJECT.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

In terms of needing to bring in players early to get accustomed to Smith's style of play, a GK is the lowest priority IMO. We could wait until deadline day to bring Butland in as it wouldn't be too difficult to get him up to speed very quickly. Whereas bringing in a DM late in the window would have a big impact.

• Like 1

I think that pieces of the transfer jigsaw will be slotting into place behind the scenes. Purslow will be calm and measured, but prepared to up the anti as and when he deems it necessary.

Edited by villabromsgrove
missing word
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

from the one game I saw he was an absolute liability. Richards like positioning

Ah ok then that’s prob why the interest died with Bruce’s departure ... 

Edited by thabucks

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What about Konsa?

Also not there.

Although Konsa has been on international duty so probably have another week or so. Where as the other two haven't been. I thought Benrahma would've been with Algeria but doesn't to make the squad

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Sounds like Philips is being offered a new contract by LUFC, if he signs it’s not happening, if he doesn’t he’s had his head turned which could precipitate a sale.

Really not confident now though, it feels as though Purslow is in shock and hasn’t acclimatised to the new order of things this window, which has moved on again. It does seem the best players at clubs in the Championship are now £20m and upwards. There are some big clubs with a lot of money down there now.

We’re not leaving it,  is not a trip to ASDA on Christmas Eve. How do you come to the conclusion that Purslow is in shock, because we’ve only signed 5 players so far including our record signing? And who are these big clubs that are down in the Championship that weren’t there last year? Fulham, Cardiff and Huddersfield will have decent parachute payments, but as far as I’m aware we’re not after any of their players. I agree that Championship players, only on the evidence of click bait journalists mind, have now become pretty pricey, but that’s largely down to expectations of money coming down from cash rich PL clubs. 

I’m sorry, I’m not trying to have a dig at you in particular, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, transfers are rarely simple and take time to sort out. I must admit though, that there’s a certain amount of self reassurance involved when I bang on about being patient!

• Like 1